Friday, October 10, 2014

the tenth of october . . .

I know it's been quiet on the blog this week . . . but that's because it's been super LOUD in real life this week!
My sister and her crew, from Texas, spent their fall break camping with us! We've had a marvelous time, especially since her youngest are right around the ages of my grands! Hilarity and craziness have reigned this week!
So it goes to figure that there's been very little stitching done this week (a little, and I'll catch y'all up on that a little later).We've hiked and played in the creek and visited the Botanical Gardens and cooked s'mores and just, in general, have had a marvelous time! 
We had a big first -- Sawyer earned his "slept in a sleeping bag in a tent" badge this week!  He's an old pro now and has asked if if can move to the camp and live in a tent all the time. :) This is his 'morning after' cup of hot cocoa, to celebrate his victory! Please do notice the boots and pj's.   

Today, because it is 10/10 (that magic day of the year I like to refer to as the kickoff of my month-long birthday celebration), we are headed to the PUMPKIN PATCH!  Yay!!

Just in time for the kick-off . . . my order from Stash Tea . . .
Happy birthday tea for me! Hahaha!

Have a great weekend . . . I know I will!!!

:)

11 noted . . .:

Needled Mom said...

Sounds like fun days. Happy birthday month to you...and me too.

Cathy said...

What a wonderful way to begin your birthday month celebrations..... filled with family and cute little people. I hope you have a love and blessings filled day today, and for the rest of your birthday month, as well.

Teresa in Music City said...

Happy Birthday dear girl!!! Enjoy your family, and your tea, and all the other good times God brings you during your Birthday Month!!!! Hugs :*)

Michelle F said...

Happy Birthday!

Enjoy the tea.

Jean(ie) said...

Happy birthday dear! What a fun tea box! I love their peppermint tea and their Super Irish Breakfast Tea.

Hope you have the makings of a beautiful day!!!

Barbara F. said...

Happy Birthday, dear Denise! What better way to spend a day in October than at the pumpkin patch! Have fun!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Denise! Enjoy all your celebrations this month.

Janet O. said...

You two look just a tad bit like relatives, you know? : )
Looks like such a good time--and Sawyer is stylin' in his morning attire. : )
You do know how to celebrate. I know you will make it a wonderful birthday month--and you deserve it! Happy October, birthday girl!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

woo-hoo! happy Birthday!

TammyLB said...

Happy Birthday!! I love Sawyer, his outfit, accomplishment, and celebratory "morning after" hot chocolate!! LOL!
I hope you've tried Stash's Chocolate Hazelnut tea, as well. It's my favorite!!

Sarah said...

Goodness - you guys are almost identical!!! PJs and cocoa are the perfect combo - will you ever get Sawyer to sleep inside again?