Monday, October 13, 2014

ufo on the wall . . .

I think I may have mentioned that I *finally* finished this crayon-tinted stitchery that I started nearly a year ago:
My intent was that I'd have in ready for my mini-quilt stand this November.  I guess that means I need to figure out a setting, right??
These are the fabrics I'm playing with for it.  I thought a simple border of small, scrappy squares, in the browns, tans and greens, backed by the cream print, and bound with the rust.  Any thoughts?

I'm also gonna play with the construction of a cute little fabric box, instructions for which can by found on Seaside Stitches.  It was a Fun Friday Tute project from my StitchMAP group . . .
These are the colors I'm playing with for the first one.  Recognize the fabric? Think birthday present! We get a bonus if we are able to incorporate a little hand stitchery! I thought a simple little white flower stitched on the green would tie into the flowers on the blue print.

Plus I hope to finish up my little ol' acorn candle mat this week. 
Storms are rolling into our area tonight, so having the hand work will make life cozy!

Linking up to Patchwork Times.  Happy Columbus Day Monday!

:)

12 left a comment . . .:

Mary said...

Glad you got some stitching in while entertaining your guests!

Needled Mom said...

I like that crayon design.

Stay safe with the storms.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

All your stitching is wonderful. I think you are dead on with your fabric selection and plans for the crayon design.

Jean(ie) said...

Congrats on finally finishing the cornucopia design. Looks like you'll be busy! It's a good kind of busy!

Jean(ie) said...

Congrats on finally finishing the cornucopia design. Looks like you'll be busy! It's a good kind of busy!

Janet O. said...

Nice job on the Thanksgiving stitchery! Maybe it is just my difficulty in visualizing things, but I'd be tempted to try a very narrow border of one fabric before adding the pieced border. Like I said, maybe that is just me, but I think I would like a one fabric border to provide a resting place between the many colors of the stitchery and the multi-colored pieced border.
Cute little stitched flower--a perfect touch!
I hope you can stitch by candlelight, judging by the weather forecast I saw for your area.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like your fabric choices for you fall quilt.

Teresa in Music City said...

You work on the cutest little projects! Your crayon stitchery turned out adorable, and the fabrics you've chosen to surround it will work well, especially the darker ones :)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love this and your fabric choice is perfect.

Kate said...

Your fabric choices for the colored stitchery are perfect. Love the little embroidered flower, it is a perfect tie in to the other fabric.

Love Bears All Things said...

Hi Denise,
I wandered if you had a pattern for the candle mat. Just the shape. I've thought of doing these and haven't found a book of patterns.
Mama Bear

Sarah said...

Hah! I'm going backward - funny to see your projects less and less finished! LOVE your crayon stitchery. So glad you were able to finish it.