Monday, October 20, 2014

one of these things . . .

Is definitely not like the other.  Usually, at this point in the year, my hanging basket of impatiens has run its course. But not so this year! It's still blooming and beautiful, so I didn't have the heart to replace it with mums. It's earned its spot this autumn!

Speaking of hanging . . . on the "design wall" this morning is a mini harvest flimsy!
Yay!  Next up is to back, quilt, and bind it.  I love the fabric I'm using for the backing -- I'm temped to make a simple something-- apron maybe?--with what I've got left of it.  It speaks "fall" to me!

I've also got my wooly pieces all cut and ready to go . . .
Haha!  You didn't think I'd give you more than that, did you?? Linking up to the design wall post at Patchwork Times!

Really, I don't know how much I'll really get done this week, because of the utmost importance is clearing up my space:
It gets bad fast.  My folks arrive in town on Thursday . . . and I'm making cream cheese mints for June's 2nd birthday party on Saturday, so something needs to be done! On top of that, I won 4 tickets to Lyon's Family Farms, another pumpkin patch place nearby.
I've never been to this one, but I plan to take Ellie tomorrow and June another day (perhaps next week). Sawyer got the sleepover in the tent - so don't think he's being left out.  It'll be a busy week!!

Go out there and make the most of Monday!

:)

7 noted . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Our petunias are still going while most things have taken their long sleep. Your display is very pretty and inviting.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Reminded me of one of my favorite bits on Sesame Street. Sorry you have to clean up. Oh well, family is worth it.

Janet O. said...

My flowers are still looking pretty good, too. Crazy!
Oh, you tease. Whatever it is, I love it--just because it is wool and in Fall colors. That is all I need to know!
Aha, another win. You just can't stop, can you? *LOL*

Mary said...

Yea for your Fall Flimsy. Have fun with your folks! I'm still kicking a screaming against decorating for FALL. I need to find my Sweaters and Sweatshirts, it is very chilly around here today.

Sarah said...

I don't do many annuals but mine have been gone for a while already. I'm pretty sure we had a another frost last night - the feels like was 29F and you know who still wanted to go out for a while...

Have fun at the newtoyou pumpkin patch - the girls will have a blast!

Kate said...

You are all decorated for Halloween. Enjoy your trips to the pumpkin patch.

Bonnie said...

Your mums are gorgeous. My petunias look great but the marigolds died off and I pulled them up. Lots going on at your house.