Sunday, October 19, 2014

going, going, went . . .

Our guild meeting this month was our bi-annual auction. Wow! There was so much fabric and quilt notions and beautifully made up baskets . . . 
Can you believe I didn't win a SINGLE thing??  Not for a lack of trying -- I placed bids on better than a dozen silent auction items . . . but didn't win a one. There were some magnificent live auction items, too, but they were a little too rich for my blood! It was a fun evening, regardless. And my library co-chair, Donna, felt so badly that I didn't win a single thing, that she gave me some purple out of one of her wins:  
Donna doesn't care to play with purple, but isn't this one fun??  I'm thinking I may find use for it before Halloween ... pair it with a little orange, don't you think??! So that's my stash report this week:
A half yard of purple in, a fat quarters worth of fabric out (fabric box and harvest mini).  Linking on up to the stash report at Patchwork Times.

Speaking of my harvest mini, here it is all cut out and ready to stitch up:
The embroidery panel will be about an 8" square.  I'm really digging my fabric choices!

I also cut out a pumpkin door hanger, for Kim.  I gave her the choice of the candy corn or the pumpkin -- she picked pumpkin!
So it's cut out (along with the backing) and ready to paint.

But today is Sunday, so it's not a painting day, it's a Slow Stitching day . . . and I've got some more wool to play with!
Here are my pieces, ready to cut and then stitch!  No peeks at the final ... this one's a gift!

Have a happy Sunday!

:)

20 noted . . .:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love that harvest mini! blessings, marlene

Barbara B said...

So kind if Donna--that is a great Halloween purple!
And this was the first auction at which I bought nothing--left the good stuff for everyone else--real bargains were had!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love your mini and that bit of peek at the wool, yum.

Teresa in Music City said...

Ooooo - that's a nice purple! It will make a fun fall project :) Our Guild has an auction every year too - it's always great fun. I'm digging your fabrics for the stitchery too! You're into a lot of fun projects right now!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What a great friend to share. A great purple like that too! Can't wait to see what it becomes. Enjoy your stitches today!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What a great friend to share. A great purple like that too! Can't wait to see what it becomes. Enjoy your stitches today!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

What a great purple fabric! I can't wait to see your finished wool project.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

So sorry you did not win anything. Enjoy your wool slow stitching!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

While I haven't worked much with purple, I have to say that the purple you were gifted is gorgeous! So rich ... I think it'll be be gorgeous when paired with some orange!

I hope you'll share that wool project after you've gifted it ... I'm definitely intrigued by the sneak peek you've shared.

newsurfiegirl said...

Enjoy your slow stitching. It looks like you are multitalented so I am sure all your projects will be wonderful when they are finished. Thanks for sharing.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Lovely harvest mini..the colors are just perfect!

Quilter Kathy said...

Can't wait to see what all those little pieces will become under the skilled hands of a slow stitcher!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Looks like a cozy autumn project--can't wait to see it completed!

Suzanne said...

I am not a Halloween person, but when I saw the purple fabric, my first thought was adding orange and black for a Spooky project!

Kate said...

Love that dark purple, it's one of my favorite colors.

CathieJ said...

I love the idea of using that beautiful purple fabric with orange for Halloween. Enjoy your slow stitching. I am looking forward to seeing the finish after it is gifted.

Mary said...

I count it a blessing to come home with nothing after a treasure sale. I really don't need anymore stuff to deal with .. I would take the Purple anytime though. It would go in my Bonnie Hunter Mystery since I don't do much for the October holiday!

Janet O. said...

What? Lucky Denise didn't win anything?!? I can hardly believe it!!
Oh, but if you walked away with that purple, you DID win!
Your Harvest Mini will be beautiful. And now you have me really curious about your Slow Stitching project. I am liking the wool I can see. : )

The Cozy Quilter said...

That purple fabric looks like a great addition to your stash! I just bought a pattern for a wool project. I love the colours in your project.

canuckquilter said...

There are lovely colours peeking out from under those templates. I'm sure that was fun to play with!