Thursday, January 27, 2011

it's a mystery . . .

No, really, it IS a mystery. A quilt mystery! My guild, Heritage Quilters of Huntsville, is holding a mystery quilt-a-long and it's open to anyone who would like to participate! It's just started -- they posted the first clue just this month.

The foundation for the quilt is a range of black-to-white fabrics -- six to be exact.

And then you'll need six more fabrics in color, and a 'zinger' fabric. They've got fabric requirements listed for four different sized quilts, which I thought was really nice!

If you're interested in joining, or just want to follow along with the clues (which I'm dying to share, but I wouldn't want to spoil anyone's fun), all you've got to do is click HERE! All the material requirements are listed, and about mid-way down the page is the FIRST CLUE!!

The organizers announced at our last meeting that instead of a magnifying glass, we'd find this particular tool much handier as we worked on the case . . .

Gosh, another gadget? Do I have to? LOL! They know how to reel me in, don't they?!

Of course, I absolutely cannot, in good conscience, put on my detective hat until I've finished with the nursery project. So you *may* get a head start on me . . . but don't you worry, I'm a smart sleuther! I'll catch up quickly!!

Come, Quilters, come! The game is afoot. Not a word! Into your clothes and come!

:)

1 left a comment . . .:

Cathy said...

I'd love to, but I don't dare start anything else. I have enough baby fabric up there to do at least 3 quilts, plus the wall hanging. And the wall hanging, and at least one of the quilts needs to be done by April 16. Then, there's the diapers I'm making, and receiving blankets, and crib sheets, and burp pads and......... I think I'm a teeny bit out of control. LOL!