Wednesday, January 19, 2011

random . . .

Yesterday, after work, I traveled to Patches & Stitches, where they graciously allowed me to use their back room (which doubles as -- among other things -- a classroom) and lay the owl quilt out so I could pin baste it!

It took me about fifty minutes, but I used a pin on every corner of every square, so that the little bubble area where I tie it off would be perfectly flat! So I'll tie it off with my lovely green yarn, and then I think I've chosen which owls I'll outline quilt, to give the top some dimension. I'm not going to outline all of them -- and I will stagger them from row to row, to sort of create a little eye interest.

See? Isn't that yarn the perfect shade of green?!

I love the little fellow winking -- he will definitely be outlined!

And since the folks at P&S were so kind in letting me use their space, I *had* to return the favor and get some fabric . . .

I wasn't so sure about the BOM when I first signed up for it, but I am so in love with the fabrics I've chosen, I can't help but be excited!

Hola!

:)

5 left a comment . . .:

Tiffaney said...

What adorable owls! What a lucky grandbaby you are going to have.

Cathy said...

Those are very yummy fabrics, and will go perfectly with your BOM and that orange setting fabric.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What cute quilt - just love it! Have a blast with your BOM - and that cute fabric!

Teje said...

What a wonderful quilt - I love owls! It's going to be beautiful and the green yarn is perfect!

Tina Wright Photography said...

Love, Love, Love that precious quilt! Can't wait to see it in person!!! AWESOME! and Awesome YOU!! :) ...
Tina :) ...