Saturday, October 01, 2011

some more eq play . . .

Yay! Happy October! Let the season of celebrating begin! :)

Last night was a little better sleep night. I think I've got a system/timing worked out for the pain meds so that I'm staying ahead of the game, which is always important. I'm going to take one more day up in the bedroom -- just to let all the aches and pains from the surgery itself fade a little. Todd's home today, and we have two groups in the camp, and the weather is simply glorious!! I've got the windows open and there's such a delicious breeze!

I've got my laptop up here (obviously), and a darling friend gifted me with a gift certificate for books for my Kindle, and guess what came in today's mail?! Two of my old timey favorite movies, The Brave Little Toaster and A Bug's Life! Won't be long until I'm enjoying these Disney classics with my grandbabies, just like I did so many years ago with my own kiddlies. :)

I thought I'd share my last couple of EQ7 lessons. I'm so tickled with these! You can draw your own applique, motifs, and stencils! And even play with thread colors and looks.

There's all kinds of different shapes you can use, including freehand drawing, if you're good at that sort of thing with a mouse. I'm not so much! But I did draw the flower pot and flowers, using the shape tools. Then you can print your templates!.

There's also a tool that allows you to create a wreath from any segment that you choose. I hand drew a flower and then created a wreath from it. So I did the same with this star . . .

Pretty fun, huh?! I'm really enjoying playing around with this program. I knew it had lots of potential, I just had no idea how much!

This last capture is from the stenciling option . . .

It was fun to pick a thread design and colors and even stitch style/length. You can even see how a 'stitch in the ditch' is going to look by following the outline of your blocks and coloring your thread. Pretty cool.

Joc left us with stew and an apple pie for dinner tonight, and my darling friend (who's also a quilter *and* a blogger) Jane, is coming by to stock up our freezer with lots of her delicious down home cooking! She came by last night with two of her grandkids and some yummy KFC for our dinner last night. James, Kim, and Sawyer were here, too. Sawyer's not quite sure what to make of the cast. I did knock on it for him, and he gave it the obligatory knock, himself. He's so precious!

I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll feel up to getting up and about. I *really* want to get to the quilt show and see all the marvelous offerings! My friend, Barbara Black, posted on facebook that one of her entries got Best of Show! WOW! Hopefully I'll be able to share pictures!

For now, I'm going to give in to the loopiness, and take a nap. If you haven't already, be sure to head HERE and check out my Happy Fall giveaway!!

:)

5 left a comment . . .:

James-Linda said...

PLEASE HEAL FAST ♥ ♥ ♥

Pat said...

I'm glad you seem surrounded by many good cooks while you are recuperating from your surgery. And....those EQ lessons have sure taught you a LOT.....great job, Denise!!!

Sarah said...

Wow - you've spent much more time on the lessons than I have. I "just" did the lessons and then moved on to my next project. slap me with a wet noodle :)

Sarah said...

Wow - you've spent much more time on the lessons than I have. I "just" did the lessons and then moved on to my next project. slap me with a wet noodle :)

Sarah said...

huh- my comment disappeared. I wanted to say that you have put much more work into your EQ lessons than I have. Did you see my star? It was defective with a capital D - I am not a drawer.