Friday, June 29, 2012

(borrowed title:) feline friday . . .

My friend Sarah, from over at Sarah Did It! faithfully posts a weekly "Feline Friday" entry.  I look forward to it all week!  Seriously ... one week when she was taking a blog break, I was really disappointed there was no Feline Friday post.  I miss having my own kitty cats, so I have to get my fill from other sources!

One of my other favorite sources is at Jocelyn's house.  I've shared pics of her cat, Leia, before.  Leia is a cat with definite "cattitude" -- trust me.  But since Ellie's been born, she's come around a bit.  She lets me pet her and even lets me pick her up from time to time -- though not for long.  Anyway, when I was over there this week, Leia was quite fascinated by the whole sewing process. She was so cute I had to pull out my phone and snap my own Feline Friday entry!  I think the pics speak for themselves, so without further ado . . . 




Good job keeping that spool of thread on the machine where it belongs, Leia!!

Happy Friday!

:)

12 left a comment . . .:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Cute...cute...cute..!
Misskityy like to hold down my quilts while i'm pen basting...
Enjoy

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Looks like a good helper - mine are good at holding things down (while they sleep on them).

Janet O. said...

Very fun post. : )

Teresa in Music City said...

That is just TOO CUTE!!! Leia is a very curious kitty! My kitty pays not attention to my sewing at all. She comes in at 9 each evening and lets me know - loudly! - that it is time for her supper and that's about it! My kitty that we lost earlier in the year was the one that loved to keep me company in the sewing room.

Sarah said...

Oh Denise - you had a helper!!! Sew adorable! The motion shot of the paw checking the thread really told the story. My feline post today will really pale in comparison to yours...

Rachel's Quilts said...

Adorable. My cat stayed with my parents until she passed away a couple years ago. I miss having a cat around the house. The kids would like to get one. Hopefully some day.
I can remember when I was little, our cat would sit on my mom's lap while she was at the sewing machine.

Jean(ie) said...

OOH, a TOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee said...

I popped in today (still away) before anyone else here 'stole' the bandwidth ;) Leia is quite talented to help you keep the thread running right. I miss my kitties too, but will be home on Monday :) I look forward to catching up with you.

Linda in Calif. said...

Hehehe! This is so cute!! Awww...sure makes me wish I had a kitty.

Momof3girls said...

I love the pics! Our cat Molly keeps me company in the sewing room sometimes. She likes to sleep under an unfinished quilt in the hoop, on the sewing chair by the window and up in the filing cabinet on top of some fabric. She loves to slap at the thread dangling from my needles too.

You should start making a Feline Friday post using Leia.

Michelle said...

Ohhh I like Feline Friday! I might have to "borrow" the idea!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

So cute! She's letting you hold her because she wants you to come visit more often...and bring your toys! :)