Wednesday, June 27, 2012

dabble in fabric . . .

Part of yesterday was a "play" kind of day.  I finished my little "Cinderella" pumpkin (as my sister so aptly called it). I really like how it turned out -- especially with the blue marker washed out of it!  
Since I'd stitched it on white (what was I thinking?) and I knew the background I was going to put it into, I decided to add batting and backing and quilt it with a little "bling" (a gold metallic thread).  
And now, tah dah, it's a pillow, ready to head out to my swap partner (who I'm fairly certain does NOT read my blog, at least I hope).  All in all, for a first pillow swap attempt, I'm pleased with it!  The theme was autumn and this speaks autumn to me!  (Especially if you know my affinity for all things pumpkin!)

I also cut and stitched the first set of coasters for Jocelyn.  I did stitch them inside out and then turned them right sides out.  I've got five sets to do, so I may do each one a little differently, just to add a little variety, but I'm pleased with how these look.
They haven't been quilted yet.  Joc had purchased different colored threads to stitch each set of napkins.  I thought it might be fun to use that same color to quilt the coordinating coasters.  I'm headed over there today--I'll finish these up on her machine while I'm there!

Which leads into my last note for the day.  This time three years ago Joc was waking up and enjoying her last morning in her parent's home, before breaking out into pre-wedding frantic busyness!
Happy Anniversary to my sweet little girl and her husband! 

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love the pumpkin....fall is the best season!!
Enjoy

Janet O. said...

When you showed us what you were making I immediately had the Cinderella thought, too. It turned out beautifully. I love all things fall!

Barbara F. said...

I love fall and pumpkins! That is a sweet pillow. Your swap partner will be very pleased. Happy Anniversary to your lovely daughter and SIL. xo

Cathy said...

It does look very Cinderella and her coach style. But it is really pretty, too. I'm sure your swap partner will love it. Have fun with Joc and Sawyer. I hope they have a great day celebrating.

Paula said...

I am loving your pumpkin pillow. The design is awesome. Did you design it or find the pattern?
Congrts to happy couple!
Hugs

Jean(ie) said...

That pillow is cute! Happy anniversary to Jocelyn and her sweetie.

Editfolt said...

Very interesting is the pumpkin. FMQ challenge you to practice?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love your Cinderella Pumpkin and all it's bling!

Sarah said...

Your pillow turned out great. The bling was a nice addition and I like the light background. The coasters looks great too.

Kate said...

The pillow turned out beautifully!