Saturday, June 30, 2012

here and there and everywhere . . .

Meaning this blog post is going to be *all* over the place!

First off ... I need HELP!!!  Not quite a year ago, I blogged about a trip to Knoxville and the AQS show.  We made a little stop in a darling quilt shop -- Mamaw's Thimble.  I blogged about it here.  Anyway, to my total delight, I found some really fun fall fat quarters (say that three times fast), my favorite of which were these two:
I used these for the pillow I just swapped.  I've been really miserly with these two fat quarters because, well, it's all I've got!  I realized I should have gotten more.  I know my love for shiny, metallic-looking fabrics ... but I didn't.  My problem is that neither of the FQs had selvages, so there is absolutely NO information on them.  How do I find more?!?  HELP!!!  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Mamaw's Thimble does not have an internet presence, but I have their number and I plan on calling them later today to see if I can get any assistance that way.

Temps are still hot, hot, hot!  We had a group overnight in the camp ... whew!  They sure didn't need their down-filled sleeping bags!  This was yesterday's official high temps for North Alabama.
See how it decreases the further south you go?  Very strange!  Today is supposed to be even warmer!  Glad the RV's a/c is in fine working order!  I'm also glad the humidity is so low -- makes it far more bearable.

In temps like this there's only one thing a glamour girl can do . . .
Head to the pool!!  I think we have an Audrey Hepburn in the making, here!

And my darling, precocious Sawyer has come up with a new trick.  I'm not sure how he figured it out, but figure it out he did.  He's decided though, based on the reactions he gets every time he does it, that's it a worthy trick to keep in his arsenal.  I need to learn to ignore it!  But oh my gosh -- when he got tired of having the camera in his face, this is the look he gave me!
I admit -- I think I squealed a little bit ... my reaction was enough to make him laugh and do it again!

Last but not least, the day after our anniversary, I got a call from the local Christian radio station, WAYfm.  Sometime -- maybe close to our anniversary last year -- I entered our name and wedding date into their weekly anniversary "date night" contest.  It seems we'd won!  I picked up our winnings yesterday . . . 
Dinner for two and two movie tickets!  What fun!!

Stay cool today!

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Boys - my eldest when at that age taught himself to wiggle his ears, Hope you locate more fabric and oh, enjoy your night out.

Barbara said...

My son used to cross his eyes like this, especially when he was mad. He gave us the evil eye.

Barbara F. said...

How cute is Sawyer?! Congrats on the win, too, you and Todd have a great time. Hope you find your fabric. xo

Cathy said...

Now there's a contrast for you...... Fliie looking so cute and adorable and lady-like, and Sawyer being cute and adorable, but not so gentleman-like. So much fun looking at those pictures. They gave me a really good chuckle.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm at home for a few days for the holiday and the heat is alarming! There was a wildfire about 10 miles from us yesterday but thankfully it was contained quickly. On a happier note, congratulations on the anniversary and the win! blessings, marlene

Pirate said...

I'm pretty sure that fabric is the Fairy Frost line.

Kate said...

I'm a little farther west, and we are just as hot! It's supposed to be 93 on Monday. At the moment that sounds like a downright cold front!

Love the new Ms. AH. She wears pink flamingos very well! Love those shades too.

Jean(ie) said...

Ellie "Audrey style" is too presh! Now sawyer? That's all boy. Lol! Love the expression!

Barbara B said...

The fabric sure looks like fairy frost--the ft quarter shop has good photos to compare.

Enjoy your date!!

Barbara B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

Congrats on your win....Ellie is SOOO cute in her swim attire and sunglasses and Sawyer is....what can I say?......a real riot!!!

Deanna said...

I agree with those who vote Fairy Frost. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Janet O. said...

Ellie is too cute doing her "Audrey" impression.
Hope you got the answer to your fabric dilemma.
Congrats on your anniversary win.

Mary said...

YEP, Fairy Frost by Michael Miller. I have some of that too. I have trouble finding it locally so when I do find it I buy as much as I can.

Sarah said...

I'm thinkin' that one eyed look is pretty scary! I teach my nephews all the screwy faces I can - what else is an aunty supposed to do?

Love the Widdly Tinks family :)