Tuesday, June 26, 2012

quilty prizes and baby showers . . .

I definitely wanted to share some of the fun goodies I'd received from participating in our guild's challenge and for winning my category.  Our Challenge Chairman did an EXCELLENT job of rounding up wonderful prizes and raffle items for that night!
Games, gadgets, Sulky threads, organic yarn, a book, a sewing kit, a quilt pattern and a terrific bundle of monochromatic fat quarters ... just lots of fun things (that I now have to decide what to do with or figure out where in the sewing bunk they go)!  There was also a $25 gift card to Moe's BBQ!  Whoot!

As if that wasn't enough, my friend Cindy, the owner of Hooked On Quilting (and Sew Much More) dropped off a sweet little surprise for me!  She'd been checking out one of my favorite tea blogs -- Tea With Friends -- and had seen where Angela had featured this darling little tea time tote bag, from TJ Maxx (view post here).  Well do you know that Cindy was in TJ Maxx's, saw the tote and picked up a couple.  And gave one to me!!
Isn't it cute?  I was so touched by her thoughtful gesture!!  I need to do something extra sweet and special for this dear friend!

Over the weekend I attended the most darling baby shower I'd ever been to.  And I'm not just saying that because Jocelyn hosted it, or because I lent a hand.  The theme was pink giraffes, and it was over-the-top darling!!
I didn't have the camera with me, just my phone, so the pictures aren't the greatest, but I had to share a couple.  'Scuse the quality.
Isn't the giraffe cut out perfect?  I projected her on some paper and a dear woodworking friend of ours cut her out with the jigsaw.  She was 44" tall!  (She's a she because the baby we were celebrating is a she, too!)
Joc even ordered a giraffe cookie cutter and had wonderful giraffe sugar cookies to adorn the table, along with lots of other fun goodies.
I told Joc later on that she'd learned all she could from me ... she is now the hostess with the mostess!

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Momof3girls said...

Congratulations! Let me know how the Pintastic works, I was thinking of getting one.

Your daughter should go into business doing baby showers. I would never have thought about a giraffe shower. Those cookies were so cute!
Have a blessed day!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a cute tote!! I wonder why our stores don't carry things like that?? The shower looks beautiful. What a very fun theme.

Jean(ie) said...

Love the tote! That is just too cute! Congrats on all the prize loot! That's a lot of stuff to have fun with.

Melissa said...

Thank you for stopping by. Love the baby sower theme and decor. Blessings!

Teresa in Music City said...

I absolutely love your new blog header! Your quilt is amazing and it makes quite an amazing header too :*)

How cute and original for a baby shower!!! Giraffes! The cookies are adorable!

I know you are going to have a ton of fun using all your new goodies. It looks like you've got it all covered - fabrics, patterns, tools, books, notions and even yarn. Yippee!!! =^..^=

Cathy said...

That table looks fabulous!! Joc did a fabulous job with it all. What a creative young lady she is..... she takes after her Mama all right.

Editfolt said...

I like these animals.
You forgot to send me the package. I'm sad!

c. Joy said...

Lucky you. Of course, right now I could use a cookie...

Barbara F. said...

You and Joc make a great team! I love giraffes btw. Congrats on the win and giveaway. xo

Gmama Jane said...

Well surprise surprise surprise...Denise won yet another Prize!! Congrats on winning the challenge!!! What was your category????
Jane

Kris said...

You are right, Denise - Joc puts on quite the spread!! I LOVE the giraffe cookies!!

Mary said...

Did she cover the cookies with colored sugar? They look yummy! Cute cookie cutter. Congrats on the Quilt-y goodies. Wish I could see the FQ's better so I could drool over them. Have fun with all your prizes. Your quilt looks even better close-up on your banner.

Janet O. said...

Look at that haul! Very nice prize winnings!
What a cute shower idea. Such a clever lady, that daughter of yours. Wonder where she gets it? : )

Sarah said...

Lots of goodies in your post - lots of gifts from the show and good friends and a beautiful party. The glass candy/tea jars really make the scene elegant.