Sunday, June 17, 2012

stash report #25 et al. . . .



Huh.  Once again I've missed a weekend!  But since I've not purchased any fabric since my last update, no harm, no foul, right?

Used/donated this week: 0 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 13.25 yards
Purchased/added this week: 0 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 70.5 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -57.25 yards

My challenge piece should [better] finish up this week (seeing as how the challenge is on Thursday), so I should have a little to report next week! As per usual, I'm linking up with Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times for the weekly stash reporting!

And I thought while I was here I'd catch up and share a few things.  Like these sweet hanging plants Todd surprised me with for our anniversary!
I've wanted to get some for ages, but just couldn't justify it.  I'm so glad he did it for me!!

Ellie's baby dedication was yesterday.  It was such a sweet gathering of friends and family . . . 
 Proud papa!
 Let us eat cake! :)
 Ellie and her Grandma Merkel!
Sawyer, his mama and his buddy Luke!

I can't think of a much nicer prelude to Father's Day!

My May doll swap quilt, compliments of Miki, from Miki's Fabric Creations, arrived from Washington!  Isn't it lovely?!  I love the purples and the batiks!
I was also quite charmed by the way Miki outline-quilted the center flower.  So pretty!!
Miki and I agreed right from the get-go that we would probably not have our pieces ready at the end of May, and we were both right.  Our swaps crossed in the mail ... only I forgot to take the first picture of mine.  DOH!  Perhaps Miki will send me one or two, or post some on her blog!

I'm busy, busy, busy on the challenge piece.  I'm having *such* fun with it!  I especially enjoyed matching DMC floss colors to my colored pencils!
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but don't you think I did a great job?!?  
I'm anxious to move onto the next portion of the process, but I've got to wait a bit . . . 
My brushes are cleaned and drying, and so is my top!  Yup, this really is a multi-media project -- fabric, colored pencils, stuff painted and floss!  And quilting on top of all that!

This morning at church we celebrated as four children came to be baptized.  Four sweet faces that sat in my VBS class for five nights.  I was so overcome this morning by God's goodness!!  Angels have definitely been rejoicing in our neck of the woods!!

And finally, to my darling daddy, my sweet husband, and both my son and son-in-law -- a very happy Father's Day!  

8 left a comment . . .:

Barbara F. said...

Your hanging baskets look great, what a cozy camper. Ellie looks like a little doll, so sweet in her outfit. Have a wonderful week, happy sewing/quilting/painting and lovin' on those grandbabies! ;-) xo

Jean said...

you know me, I'm just *dying* to see that quilt you've got going on. The supplies intrigue me.

Ellie looked so beautiful in her dedication outfit. I'm glad you all were able to celebrate that!

Janet O. said...

You've certainly got me curious about your challenge quilt. Can't wait to see the outcome of your multi-media production!

Love Bears All Things said...

I like the little quilt...look at all those flying geese...I know how tough those are to do and so small...
Ellie looks so pretty and peaceful...
Hmmm...all these supplies for your challenge are interesting.
Mama Bear

Love Bears All Things said...

Me again....I forgot to add: Praise for the little ones accepting Christ, I know you were so proud.
Mama Bear

Cathy said...

Ok, now you've got me really curious to see what you are doing with all those things. Come on now, you have to give us more than those little tantalizing hints....

Sarah said...

Hmm...pencils, brushes and floss??!!?? That's quite the interesting combination and I also can't wait to find out what the final project is. Enjoy your flowers because you deserve them!

Kate said...

Love your thread/pencil colors!