Sunday, June 24, 2012

stash report #26 and some more craziness . . .



Hmmmm ... I think I'm caught up on stash reports.  Yay!  And I've even got some use to report this week,  and *no* additions!

Used/donated this week: 1.5 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 14.75 yards
Purchased/added this week: 0 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 70.5 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -55.75 yards

I also made a table runner for a baby shower Jocelyn hostessed ... but since I didn't purchase the fabric (or count it in a report) I guess I can't really count the three yards against my stash.  Drat!  As per usual, I'm linking up with Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times for the weekly stash reporting!

I thought perhaps I'd share a couple more of my favorite pieces from our guild's challenge the other night.  I just realized that because I couldn't vote (I was on the challenge committee and helped receive and hang the pieces), I never really looked at them seeking out my *favorites* in the different categories.  It was kind of nice!  I'll post a couple today and spread them out through the next week ... so I'm not too picture laden in one post.  Keep in mind that this challenge celebrated our guild's 25th anniversary and the theme was Still Crazy After All These Years!

There was another reason I didn't want to include *too* many quilt craziness photos ... I wanted to share some grandbaby photos, too!!  
I can hardly believe that Ellie is 23, going on 24 weeks old already!  Joc texted me this morning saying, "Somebody has been army crawling this morning...  And it's not Jason!"  And she's cutting a bottom tooth, too.  
AND she had her first carousel (or merry-go-round) ride on Friday.  She's growing up WAY too fast!

And isn't Sawyer looking like quite the little man here?  He's so precious.  I went over and spent a couple of minutes with him yesterday morning and he came and sat in my lap and laid against me and just let me love on him.  He's such a cuddle bug!
Oh, you're wanting to know about the pink balloons?  They mean that June Madelyn will be here in October!  Yay, it's a GIRL!

Okay, I need to get busy, so for now . . . adieu, adieu, to you, and you, and you!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Teresa in Music City said...

Congrautlations on the new little granddaughter!!! It's always fun to find out what they are :*) My son and his wife decided to not know with their second but it was not as much fun for the grandparents as it was for them! That's a lovely family picture with the balloons - cute idea! And Miss Ellie is growing up way to fast - our Hudson is the same way. Gotta enjoy them while we can!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Congratulations on the pink balloons! You can never have too many babies. :) blessings, marlene

Michelle said...

That bucket list quilt is SOOOO cute!

Kris said...

Beautiful family!!

Cathy said...

Oh what a pretty name!!!! I love it!!

Mary said...

I love the pink Balloon idea. Having only 4 G-daughters I'm green with envy. My DIL ask why my boys don't make the pink ones...TMI! I know.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Oh I'm so excited for you! Another sweet little blessing to spoil...and quilt for! That photo with Sawyer and the pink balloons is such a cute idea! Congratulations to all of you!

Sarah said...

I'm not so sure that little Ellie was really having a cute time, even tho whe looks adorable. I love how Sawyers head is just tucked under Mommys belly. And to be honest, the pink balloons were completely over my head until you pointed them out. duh.