Sunday, March 16, 2014

bunnies and wattles . . .

This past week was rather topsy-turvy.  Todd's dad had heart surgery on Friday and there were a lot of pre-surgery appointments leading up to that and of course, Friday was spent in the cardiac waiting room.  His surgery went well but he's still in ICU for the time being.  Needless to say, there was a LOT of waiting time during which I stitched.  And stitched and stitched and stitched!  (Except for the fifteen minutes I spent on my knees, picking up tiny yellow seed beads off the floor of my car. UGH!)

So, the two projects I started on Monday, filled my entire week . . .
And the nice thing about that is, I have two finishes!
"Wattle" stitchery.
Bunny Candle Mat. I'm not sure which I like most!  But I do know I will probably (most certainly) make two more Bunny Mats before Easter, if you get my drift!

I got the loveliest package in the mail yesterday, too . . . 
Is that fun, or what??!  It was the perfect *happy* on National Quilting Day!  It's a 'follow-up' to Jean's first package!  Does she know me?!  Haha!!

That fabric made me SMILE!  And it also -- along with two yards of Kona black I purchased for the Pineapple Quilt -- increased my stash!
It's starting to creep out of control!  I need to have a big finish here soon!

I printed out my Irish Blessing last night and will do some stitching on that, between church and the hospital. Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts: Slow Sunday Stitching.  Have a happy Sunday!

:)

22 noted . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love your 'wattle' - just so delicate. Very cute bunnies. Blessings to all thru this time.

Kaisievic said...

I hope that your DFIL continues to improve. I like the bunny mat best.

Quilter Kathy said...

Terrific finishes! Love the beading on the wattle... makes me want to get my beads out and play!
Thanks for linking up!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Here's best wished for your FIL's continued improvement and both of your projects are just amazing!!! Love them both ! Gorgeous.

Dee Dee said...

Your wattle just keeps getting more lovely each time you show it. Wishes and prayers for a quick recovery for your FIL.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh My! I agree I can't choose a favorite. They are both outstanding. The bead work is fun isn't I tried it once a little needle keeper project, those little beads add so much. They can be naughty sometimes, but making an escape in the car is uncalled for, so glad you put them in their places!

Cindy Nielsen said...

You have made some beautiful progress. I really like both if them.

Prima Donna said...

These are beautiful projects. I am in love with your bunny candle mat. Happy stitching!

Janet O. said...

That wattle is so delicate and feathery looking. Gorgeous!
Cute little bunny mat! Two more, huh? Let's see, that means one for me, and ... who gets the other one? : )
It is so adorable!
When you said you spent 15 minutes on your knees I thought you were going to say you were praying (which I'm sure you were anyway). The bead thing was totally unexpected and it made me laugh!

Jill @ I Rather Quilt said...

Such dainty wattle stitches. Bunny mat is absolutely adorable. Now I want to make one. :-)

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

The Bunny mat is adorable. Glad to hear your Dad's surgery went well. Praying for a complete recovery.

Debra said...

Your stitching this week is wonderful. Love all those seed beads. Hope your FIL has a speedy and complete recovery!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Your projects turned out great! I'm praying for a speedy recovery.

Catherine Shepherd said...

Those projects are just fabulous, especially the leaves. I noticed the hexagon drawn on the fabric. What is it eventually going to be?

Needled Mom said...

I'm glad to see that you made such good time of the waiting period. The bead project is gorgeous.

Wishing the best of recovery for your FIL.

Kelly @ Sew With Kelly said...

Beautiful work! New to slow stitching Sunday..had to laugh a little at the bead pick up, been there done that! Hope recovery goes well, we are lucky to be stitcher to help us thru thing like that!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

That wattle is simply fabulous! I love, love, love it!

Praying for continued recovery for your FIL.

Deb A said...

Great projects and wonderful finishes for you this week. Love the bunnies. Hope your DFIL has a speedy and full recovery.

Beth in MN said...

Lovely wattle block. The candle mat is adorable. Keeping your FIL in my prayers.
Hugs

Kate said...

Hope your FIL is doing well and gets out of ICU soon.

I couldn't pick a favorite between your wattle piece and your bunny candle mat. They both look great!

Jean(ie) said...

Glad to hear Todd's dad is doing well. I'll keep y'all in my thoughts. I confess I thought the knees were praying, too! (wink)

Glad I was able to send part 2. Sorry about leaving that out of the box.

Sarah said...

Your bunnies are so sweet and it was well worth picking up the beads so you could finish your wattle. Looking forward to seeing more bunny mats!