Friday, March 28, 2014

farming . . .

Finally, finally . . . got moving and grew me some nice looking carrots!!  Haha!!
Isn't it darling?  I went with the "stitching right sides together" method so I could stitch the green tops into the seam.  I was so pleased with my creation, I went ahead and stitched up another . . .
(Please do NOT look too closely at my ironing board cover ... it's a mess!)  Then I promptly wrapped them up and handed them off to their new owners . . . Joc and Kim!  I handed them off in the parking lot of the Botanical Gardens, which is where we all met yesterday to play.  I had a little *seasonal* treat for the kiddlies, too . . .
Though Ellie was the only one who wanted to wear hers right then and there for any period of time!  Sweet little bunny girl!!  We had a fun time, hanging around in the sand piles . . .
All three--Sawyer, Ellie and June--had fun flinging sand.  When I sent the above picture around to my sisters, one was quick to send it back . . .
Water colored! Isn't that cool?  It's an app on her phone -- Waterlogue -- that does it.  I 'luff' it, as Ellie would say.

Sawyer and Ellie, taking advantage of the free wagon ride:
Sweet cousins!

Kim and June (who is sitting comfortable on Miss Olivia)!
We had a fun day!  Even if it was a bit blustery, it was nice to be outside after such a very cold start to the week of SPRING BREAK.  LOL!

Today I'm scanning more magazines . . .
At least my "to do" pile (on the right) is less than my "finished" pile!  Of course, I won't mention that there are about ten more *piles* to go through!

I've also pulled all the elements of the pineapple quilt back out.  I've got to cut strips to cover seams on the back of my center, and then next will be putting these elements together:
These will make up the borders and corners of the quilt. Once their done, I can start assembling it all.  I'm really not that far from a finish!

I'm offering up a feline flashback for Friday, in honor of the forthcoming Spring . . .
Sweet boy. Merlin's always enjoyed finding unusual ways to make his presence known!!  TGIFF!!  (Thank goodness it's Feline Friday!!)

:)

9 left a comment . . .:

Sarah said...

Your carrots came out perfect! Merlin looks quite comfy in his flower basket. I am envious of your weather. We are in the 50s today but there is the possiblity of snowin and blowin Saturday night which will make the controlled burn Sunday morning a little tricky...

Ranch Wife said...

Oh, goodness! Look at that gorgeous carrot! So cute - I'll bet the girls loved them! And it looks like you had a lovely day with the little munchkins!

Mary said...

Cute carrots for your Bunnies. You didn't make one for yourself? There is still time. The apps on phones are cool to use with pics. My Daughter makes collages and uses the effects to write on them. Adorable picture of you expectant mom with June. Glad you got play time.

Janet O. said...

The carrots turned out great!! You are going to make one for you, aren't you?
Sweet Ellie Bunny. Looks like a fun outing together, in spite of the less than perfect weather.
What a striking contrast Merlin makes against the basket of flowers. Not very good at finding camo for hiding, was he? : )

Jean(ie) said...

Scanning magazines. I take it you scan the stuff you want then recycle the magazines? Good clutter buster!

Missy Shay said...

That is a great picture of Merlin and the carrots turned out great!

Kate said...

Fun carrots! They turned out beautifully.

Looks like fun was had by all.

I never considered scanning the magazine patterns. I have notebooks of the things. I'd need another lifetime to get them all scanned!

Helen said...

Your farming has paid off! What a wonderful crop of carrots--they are adorable along with the kids!
Plus SCANNING--what a great idea! That would free up room for more fabric! HaHa

Needled Mom said...

Those carrots are fabulous!!!

It looks like everyone had a great time together.