Sunday, March 02, 2014

short and sweet . . .

That's what today's post will be . . . mainly because I've not had the energy to do much of anything this past week, as is evidenced by my 15 Minutes report . . . 
Nothing but hand work on the Celtic Garden, which I'm very happy to report is finished (at least the stitchery part):
Yay!  I'm so pleased with how this turned out and really enjoyed the process as well as the final product.  I know I'll make another of these.

My stash report is unchanged from last week . . . 
Although I will admit that I was wandering around on Craftsy and found a HUGE deal on a 20 FQ bundle of Kona solids and so next week's report will not be so dull.  [insert cheesy grin here]

My slow Sunday stitching is back to the secret mug rug project . . . just a bit more stitching on this before I'm ready to turn it into an actual mug rug.  Wanna little sneaky-peek again?
I've had a lot of fun playing with this piece, too!  Can't wait til it's safely in the hands of its new owner and I can share it in total!

Linking up today with the stash report at Patchwork Times and the Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching linky party!

This is the day that the LORD has made ... we shall rejoice and be glad in it!!

:)

17 noted . . .:

Dee Dee said...

Denise - your handwork is amazing. Have a peaceful Sabbath.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh my that looks like so much work and it turned out beautifully!

Teresa in Music City said...

Just simply love your Celtic Garden! I love it when I finish a piece without being heartily sick of it :*) And yes, I popped over to see the Kona solids - and almost succumbed, they are so darn beautiful!!! But finally will-power won out and I got outta there FAST!!!

Jean(ie) said...

Love the B Project!

Sarah said...

Beautiful Celtic garden and your mug rug looks interesting, I shall pop back to see the finished article.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Your Celtic Garden is just beautiful! Now your mug rug is certainly interesting and would be a framed bit of art for me - would definitely NOT put a cup of java on it.

Kate said...

Celtic Garden turned out beautiful! That's a lot of French knots!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are stitching amazing projects there even though you have not been feeling well! Love the garden stitchery, and your secret project is so beautiful too!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Ranch Wife said...

Look at all of those beautiful french knots...at least I think they are french knots. :) The picture is gorgeous - I can only imagine how pretty it is in real life. And the details in the sneak peek of your mug rug are enticing. Hope we get to see the rest of it soon. Be well my friend...keeping you in prayer - Psalm 30:2

Doniene said...

Blessings, hugs a big bucket of prayers sent your way!!

Great handwork!!

Lyndsey said...

I love your celtic garden, it is beautiful. Your mug rug also looks really interesting, I can't wait to see the whole thing.

Deb A said...

Your Celtic piece is amazingly beautiful! Great job.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Good job resting and doing hand stitching!! Hope you are getting your strength and " go power" back.

Sarah said...

Sorry you're not gaining health as fast as you would like :(

The celtic garden is gorgeous - such texture from the knots. What's the next step for the CG?

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Your Celtic Garden looks great! Take it easy and get better soon!

Janet O. said...

Wow, Denise, your knotwork is even prettier than I imagined it would be. But I know I would never have the patience to do it, and you say you are going to make another one? I'm so impressed!
Your mug rug teasers have me curious to see more. Looks so fun!
Oh, my friend, I am feeling for you on that "no energy" thing with the WP. Even though it has been years since my last bout, I remember it well! Take care--praying for you!

Cathy said...

Celtic Garden is awesome.