Wednesday, March 05, 2014

wrapping it up . . .

I spent my fifteen (plus) minutes of stitching time on the mug rug project, Monday and Tuesday.  Today it hits the mail, so it's new owner should have it in the next week or so.  Once last 'back side' teaser . . .
Haha!  At least it's not just muslin this time, right?? Since it is a crazy quilted piece, I strongly debated on whether or not to do any quilting on it.  Crazy quilts generally do not have quilting, or have very little.  
But if you look closely, you can see I went ahead and spiral quilted the hexi center, where the 'mug' sits.  I used clear thread just because I didn't want the quilting to distract from the print in the front, which is the focal point!

Ellie *requested* that I bring buttons with me yesterday, so of course, I obliged. She happily played with them for quite some time, dumping them out and then picking them up.
She seems to have an appreciation for their individuality and enjoyed inspecting each one. 
Next time I'll bring them in a tea tin and add to the experience. Yesterday evening Joc texted me a conversation she and Ellie had after I'd left . . . 

     Ellie:  Where Neesey go?
     Jocelyn:  Neesey had to go bye-bye.
     Ellie:  And the buttons?

Ha!  Always leave 'em wanting more, right??!

:)

7 sweet people commented:

Ranch Wife said...

I think that girl needs her own button box...pronto! :)

Teresa in Music City said...

How cute!!! She'll remember those buttons and these sweet times together with you with fondness all of her life - I can witness to that :) And she'll love them in the tin - it will make such a satisfying noise when she shakes it and then the anticipation as the lid is gently coaxed off..... Ah, yes, sweet memories indeed *smiles*

Janet O. said...

I hope that mug rug arrives at its destination quickly so that we can finally get to see it!
At least Ellie asked where you had gone first. Wouldn't you hate to be upstaged by buttons? : )

Sarah said...

Hmmm...buttons in a tin...what could be more fun?!?

How fun that there is a designated mug space on the mugrug...still excited to see the front!

Mary said...

Maybe she needs a little tin of buttons she can keep. Fun stuff Neecey! She's just precious!

Needled Mom said...

I think you have a budding seamstress there.

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing how your mug rug came out.

Ellie is such a cutie.