Monday, March 03, 2014

design wall dilemma . . .

I'm not sure what to put on my design wall.  I've got a lot of finished tops that need to be turned into finished whole projects.  And I've got the mug rug that lacks just a few embellishments before it's ready to be finished . . . 
Haha!  Don't study the back too closely -- I *definitely* did not do a great job of making my back look as neat as my front.  I guess since I knew it would be covered with batting and backing, I didn't sweat it too much.  LOL!

I had a run of new things in February (it always pleasantly surprises me to see what new things I tried during the past month):
My little heart spool quilt for my stand.
The mug rug, of course.
My Celtic Garden Hexie piece (which should be finished this week).
And the wedding quilt scraps topper I whipped up over retreat.

So . . . design wall . . . maybe back to Grandmother's Choice blocks this week?  I also have a baby quilt (Olivia Mae's!!!) I need to be thinking about.  Whoa!  
Photo Credit:  Moda Bake Shop
Kim loved this heart quilt "Candy Hearts" by Gigi's Thimble, found over at Moda Bake Shop.  Isn't that a sweet one?  We were both intrigued by the ruffle around the edge. The hearts are made from a charm pack of Plume.  I adore it!  :)

All right then . . . maybe I just needed to write it out to determine where I needed to go from here.  A sounding board, so to speak!  What are y'all working on this week??!

Linking up with the Design Wall Monday on Patchwork Times and the NewFO challenge linky party at Cat Patches!

:)

16 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You had a lovely month. Oh, that baby quilt is adorable!

Sheila said...

Sweet February projects. Love the spool and heart, especially.
Oh my. What a cute baby quilt!

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Great projects for the month. Yes, that is a great baby quilt.

Mary said...

You had a fun Month. I like you heart Spool project. I nave a hanging that needs a new look. maybe a clover for St pat's day. Your handwork is great. I enjoyed watching the Celtic piece come to life! Congrats on the New Olivia quilt. The hearts look fun, maybe an eyelet ruffle???

Sylvia said...

Love the Candy Hearts!

Janet O. said...

Ha ha ha! Thanks for a peek at the back of your secret project. Very generous of you! : )
You have had a productive month, my dear--and that is one terribly cute baby quilt you have your eye on!

Sarah said...

You and showing the back side of that project are driving me crazy - crazier than a crazy quilt. I hope you finish and gift it soon so we can see the front :)

Donna said...

You were quite busy in February. I love the wedding block - beautiful fabrics.

DeAnna S said...

You had a busy month! Your projects are awesome. I love the mug rug.

Needled Mom said...

What an exciting design wall you must have. I loved seeing the Celtic work up close.

Teresa in Music City said...

Yep, looks like you've figured out what needs to be on your design wall :) Love all your hearts - especially that adorable baby quilt - love it!!!!

Barbara said...

Lots of cute stuff going on here. I love your mug rug.

Jean(ie) said...

not peeking.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH!

Kate said...

You've had some gorgeous stuff going on last month. That heart quilt is really cute. It would be a fun one to make.

Brown Family said...

I would love to see all of the spider mug rug! The Heart Spool is a neat piece!

Brown Family said...

I would love to see all of the spider mug rug! The Heart Spool is a neat piece!