Monday, March 24, 2014

cardinals, cats, and daffodils . . .

Ugh.  Last week wasn't a total loss, but I ended it feeling rather poorly, so my 15 Minutes report isn't looking so good . . .
*sigh*  On a positive note, I tidied up my sewing bunk room on Saturday.  It was in desperate need.  I'd come home from retreat (at the end of February) sick and things never really got put away.  I have a *really* tough time creating when things aren't in order . . . 
Everything's in its proper place now -- I'm just running out of space in which to put it.  Aye yi yi!  RV living.  :)

Fortunately, I didn't add to my stash this past week:
Unfortunately, I didn't use any of it, either!  Ha!

I did make it to our guild meeting last Thursday.  Our speaker was Kathy McNeil (of Audubon's Christmas fame) and I was SO looking forward to hearing her!  Once I got there, though, I just felt so worn and blah, I couldn't stay.  But I didn't leave before picking up a couple of things from her table . . .
The cardinals are my *favorite* part of her Audubon quilt!  And the DVD was a fun listen, plus it's got patterns for the entire quilt shown on the cover. Schweeeeet!

After church yesterday, we headed over to our old house to make sure all was well.  I got a little bonus . . .
The daffodils are thriving over there, so I brought home some so I didn't have to cut any of the ones here at the Camp.  Haha!  I do dearly adore daffodils -- they're just SPRING!

On the design wall this week is still the pineapple quilt (now that I have a solid supply of the Kona black) and the carrot table runners:
Not sure which I'll get to first, though . . . I've got some transcribing to get finished, first!

And finally, since I pretty much fell off the face of my blog since *last* Monday, Leia told me she needed to make an appearance . . . 
She doesn't want you to think that she's always growly/cranky. She sometimes (very rarely) can be quite docile and sweet.  Can't you see that?!?

Linking up to the stash report and design wall posts on Patchwork Times and Feline Friday on sarah did it!. Happy Monday!

:)

16 noted . . .:

Jeanie said...

I hope the warmer temps and beautiful flowers will continue to make you feel better and better! Be well!

Sue Daurio said...

Oh Daffodils are one of my very favorite flowers, we're still getting snow, so it will be a while for us. Love your pine apple quilt, that is beautiful

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I LOVE that Audubon Christmas quilt. I just don't need another project. Someone had it hanging in the quilt show I went to Friday and it was beautiful. I hope you feel better soon!

Missy Shay said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! I love the cardinals too. I have daffodils growing in my garden too!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely pattern. You have been ill for so long, I do hope with the daffodils and spring that you feel better.

Needled Mom said...

Those daffodils are spectacular. They are such happy flowers.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Those daffodils are beautiful hope you feel better soon!

Hugs, Carolyn

P.S. Your closet looks great and so organized....that's what I need to do...I'm procrastinating! :(

Mary said...

You still have another house? Nice Daffy's!!!! Yea, for Spring! Hope this week is more healthy for you.

Janet O. said...

So sorry you have been "blah"! That is no fun when Spring is sprunging!
Those daffodils are delightful--mine are still trying to form buds.
You have some pretty patterns awaiting your attention. Hard to get excited about anything when you don't feel well.
Oh, that Leia. She looks the picture of innocence there--and I don't believe it one bit!! : )

Dar said...

Your daffodils are beautiful and so is your kitty. She looks like a perfect little lady there. Sorry you were feeling a little blah, but seeing those cute birds on your Audubon pattern should make you feel better. That is a great pattern.

Sarah said...

Leia looks very demure in that photo...just like Z can look innocent to make up for being naughty! I take it you are out of space on Todd's side for your things?!?! Can't wait to see your appliqued cardinals!

Kate said...

Hope you are feeling much better and can get back to stitching this week. At least there wasn't anything in this week, that's a really good thing too. The Pineapple quilt looks great.

Jean(ie) said...

Hugs my friend. Hope you are feeling better now. Sometimes you just need a break, so don't get too angry with yourself.

Melissa Bishop said...

Hope you are feeling better. Love the daffodils. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

That walking pneumonia sure has it's barbs in you. Hopefully when it is really spring weather in a couple of weeks, you will feel so much better.

Your daffodils are lovely. I have a cobalt blue vase full on my table and they make my heart sing!!!!

Ranch Wife said...

Time to kick that bug! Sending more prayers for complete healing. Those pretty daffodils are a good start. My poor tulips have been beheaded by the wind. :(
Love the picture of your stash - you managed to fit an awful lot of fun into your space.