Monday, March 10, 2014

wall o' possibilities . . .

There are a couple of things I plan on working on this week . . . once I've gotten my bunk room tidied up, that is.  I came home from retreat sick, so things never quite got put back where they're supposed to be. Ugh.  I can definitely feel that the lack of order is stifling my desire to DO!

I found this darling fabric I'd purchased at the beginning of the year . . .
All People Quilt had a darling carrot table runner/topper pattern that I'd like to modify and use this for (solid top instead of stripped, with the quilting making the horizontal lines). I've got enough to do one for both sets of grandchildren!

And I'll work on my 'wattle' embroidery . . . I don't have variegated green floss, so I may make a trip into town today to pick some up.  
Or maybe I'll do that tomorrow on my way home from Ellie's.

And I have some wool that I'm anxious to work with . . . two things there.  The first is the flora around the Irish blessing and the second is a darling bunny candle mat.  Similar to this one . . .
This is my sister's darling mat -- isn't it precious??!  I just love the sweet little bunnies!  I'm thinking Ellie would probably enjoy stitching on this with me.

That should keep me busy enough this week.  Linking up to the Design Wall Monday post at Patchwork Times!  Be sure to stop by and check out all the marvelous creativity going on 'round the quilting blogging world!

:)

12 sweet people commented:

Needled Mom said...

So many choices!!! I can't wait to see what you do.

Bonnie said...

Cute carrot table runner/decoration. And cute bunny candle mat. I love the little candle mat designs but they would look out of place in my house -- or more likely -- a dog would eat it! Oh well. I'm thinking about how I can modify that carrot mat to fit my life! Thanks for sharing.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

That will be a fun project to work, wish I could do wool.

Kris said...

Well, dear friend, stay busy but take care of yourself!! :-))

Mary said...

Glad you are feeling better. Get busy and the MOJO will come back. I see the wheels turning form way over here... Have a great week.

Sarah said...

I've seen the carrot mat before but never felt like doing the stitch and flip version and choosing all those fabrics. I think you have the perfect solution!

Love the bunny mat - Ellie will have a ball - especially if you add beads :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

So many wonderful possibilities! I can't wait to see what you choose to do first.

Melissa Bishop said...

That matt is adorable!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Love the carrot fabric and the bunny mat. I've been wanting to work with wool. You may inspire me to pick out a project! Glad you are feeling better!

Kate said...

Love the carrot fabric. Looks like you'll be busy this week.

Teresa in Music City said...

What fun and pretty stuff you have on the agenda for this week! And very springy colors too :) Those batiks are yummy - like easter eggs, and good enough to eat!

I can just see you and Ellie stitching together - it's the sweetest picture!

Janet O. said...

What a fun carrot batik! It says "Spring" to me!!
And so does that too cute candle mat.
What happy projects you have to tackle! : )