Thursday, August 25, 2011

kindle freebie for RVers . . .

If you have a Kindle or Kindle app, you definitely should be a subscriber to eReaderIQ.com's daily e-mail, FREE Kindle Books from Amazon. Once you're subscribed you usually get at least one--sometimes two or three--daily e-mails with anywhere from three to fifty free titles available from Amazon. Of course, not all of the titles are ones that appeal to me, especially since I stick mainly with Christian fiction, but I've learned to scroll through the list quickly and to look at publishers as well as titles (since the title isn't always telling).

As one who lives in an RV and also *loves* to read, the Kindle was such a great move! I sure couldn't keep all (many) of my favorite books when we made the transition to RV living, but it doesn't matter any more. I've got my sweet little Kindle which houses quite a library!

This morning the e-mail appeared with the listing of free Kindle books and look what it contained . . .

Haha! I love the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. In fact, I had quite a few of them before we moved from the stick and brick house to the RV. Now they reside with my daughter and daughter-in-law, I'm pretty sure. But I miss them -- so I was so tickled to see this little gem...and it's FREE! Needless to say, I've already downloaded it. Click on the image to check it out for yourself! :)

And, although my blog has been quiet, it just means I've been busy, busy. The conference on Saturday went very well -- no technical hitches or glitches (which was very good, since I was the techie) and good participation. We visited Farley Community Church as part of our "Touring the Churches of the MBA" and really enjoyed our morning there! Sunday evening we worshiped with our Ignite peeps. Monday was a busy day on the road -- I had lunch with Sawyer and Kim, worked some accounting magic for about an hour and a half, had an eye doctor appointment (I'm really having a tough time finding contacts that work for me), got my hair cut, had dinner at Station Six with my hubby and the rest of the crew, and then wrapped it up with a three hour long guild board meeting. We finalized our budget. Whew!

Tuesday I spent getting ready for Tuesday evening -- Community Groups -- and yesterday I worked on administrative stuff for our ministry AND . . .

I pieced this cute little Candlelight Candlemat! It was a free pattern that was sent to me by my darling friend, Paula, but can also be found HERE on Sandi Andersen's A Legacy of Stitches if you'd like to give it a try! It was super-easy and one charm pack makes TWO -- one for you and one for a friend! Sandi did a great job in creating the pattern and tutorial for the mat.

I picked fall colors; I'm chomping at the bit for fall! These are Moda's Pumpkins Gone Wild by Sandy Gervais. Once it's finished, this will be one of the door prizes (along with one of the candy corn wreaths that I made) for Camp MACOBA's Fall Jamboree!

My Jocey had a regular OB appointment yesterday. It was kind of a crazy morning. I knew her appointment was at 10:15 and she's normally very, VERY good about calling or texting me as soon as she's out. When it was going on 12:30 and I still hadn't heard from her (and she hadn't responded to my text), I was starting to ... be anxious. Finally she e-mailed saying all was GREAT and she was having phone issues. Sheesh! NOT good timing for phone issues. The baby is looking good and all her numbers (BP, heart rate, weight, etc.) were terrific. We find out whether it's a boy or a girl on September 8th!

Today I'm creating the guild newsletter. Yes, it will take the entire day. I'd better get busy!

Happy Thursday!

:)

9 left a comment . . .:

Sandi said...

Hi Denise, Sew happy that you found my blog! :-) Your candlemat is pumpkin perfect! I love Sandy Gervais' fabrics. And now that you found my blog,I have found your blog. Sweet!

Barbara F. said...

Hi Denise, I have to go through older posts, I am fascinated that you made the move to RV living! And I am an autumn girl myself, I love that quilt piece, now I am starting to think about decorating, but I want to get through this weekend with Hurricane Irene!!!! xo

Cathy said...

There is a very old saying that if you want something done, ask a busy person- that would be you these days. WOW! But it sounds like you are enjoying your "retirement" Very glad to hear things are gong well with Jocelyn, even with the phone problems. And, I love that quilt square. It would make a fabulous scrap quilt. Hmmmmmmm............

Sarah said...

Love the candle mat! Might have to make one myself for my end tables that never seem to be decorated.
Kindle certainly has lots of freebies available - must make it hard to pick which one to read next. Don't work too hard - you certainly have plenty on your plate these days...

Linda in Calif. said...

I too love the candle mat - I love those fall fabrics. We do a bit of RV on the weekends so much fun.

Gmama Jane said...

Love those fall colors and Yes, I am chomping at the bit for Fall right along with you!! I'm going to make my fall wreath for my door next week!
I want to reschedule our stitching date so let me look at my calendar. Any days of the week better for you?
Blessings
Jane

Paula said...

I "love" your mat! Oh my, it turned out so nice. Did I mention that I love it? I never thought of doing it in fall colors. I was thinking Easter and Spring. Well, slap me silly. I need to go looking for some fall fabric. See ya! I'll be back soon.
Hugs
Paula

Paula said...

Oh! Don't you love Sandy's blog? ( A Legacy of Stitches? I sure do!
Paula

Pat said...

Sandi is a sweetheart and her patterns are always so nice!!! Your mat looks terrific. I'm so glad things are going well for your daughter, too.