Saturday, August 13, 2011

two to go . . .

First order of business this morning is to wish my darling son-in-law, Jason, a most happy birthday!! We will be celebrating tonight, and Jocelyn took a good portion of yesterday to create from scratch a cake to outshine all cakes. Between the cake and the frosting there were seven sticks of butter. And it will have a chocolate ganache filling. Oh my!

Yesterday I finished up my July BOM so I can turn them in today for the L-A-S-T installment! I'm so excited that I've finished every single block and turned them in on time -- that's never happened before in my BOM history!

I really enjoyed creating both of these blocks -- I like the 1" strip that runs through the middle. But my favorite of the two is the top block. I love stars -- they just look so fancy!

Now all I have to do is decide on the staging for these pretty little blocks . . .

Purple or orange?


And again,

Purple or orange?

I know I like the second one better in the purple, but on the star I'm undecided. It really could go either way.

So, off to Patches and Stitches and the last two blocks I go! I cannot wait to start playing with block order for this quilt!

Ciao!

:)

3 left a comment . . .:

Cathy said...

I like the purple for the star, and the orange for the second one. In all the blocks you have done, is there a balance between the amount of orange and purple?

Love Bears All Things said...

I like stars, also and I especially like your color combinations.
Mama Bear

Sarah said...

I still love your purple and orange project but I couldn't decide on the corners - they both looked great. I can't imagine 7 sticks of butter for a cake/frosting. I hope you enjoyed it!