Wednesday, May 09, 2012

another fun day . . .

Another fun day yesterday.  My mom, dad and I spent the better part of the day hanging out with Jocelyn and Ellie.  Ellie is loving all the attention!
She just gets chattier and chattier every day.  She was so much fun yesterday ... we held her little mirror up and she just smiled and cooed and talked to the pretty baby in the mirror!  
I love this shot of Ellie and my mom.  This is what this visit was all about!

Of course, Leia was about.  She mostly growled the entire time we were there -- she's so funny!  And that she stayed in this odd position long enough for me to snap several shots made me laugh.  From the look on her face, you can tell that she didn't understand what it was I was finding so funny!  :)

Yesterday evening all ten of us met at Carrabba's for dinner.  This was Ellie's first dining out experience at dinner time.  She handled the waiting, the seating, and the drink ordering just fine . . . 
But after the food arrived (or rather, just as the food was being set out) she decided dining out for dinner was no longer fun.  I think she was a tad jealous of my scallops.  (Which, by the way, were quite amazing.)

Sawyer, on the other hand, did remarkably well and rather enjoyed his position at the base of the table, along with flirting with the waitresses, and singing a nice selection of songs (but in a perfectly restaurant-respectable way).  He also enjoyed coloring, compliments of the restaurant . . . 
And hamming it up for his Neesey and the camera . . .
I do love that 'cheesey' grin!

There's always room for humor in this family (and if there's not, you'd better make way because it's going to appear regardless)!  James has an app on his phone that "alters" ones appearance.  My dad thought this was hilarious and was a little disappointed that I didn't share his before/after photos on my blog yesterday.  So here's his "before" shot:
And his after shot:
Too much good Southern cooking.  LOL!  Wouldn't you love to have my son taking your picture?!?  Gracious!  I've told him to keep his iPhone camera away from me!!

In reality, neither of those photos do my daddy much justice ... he's a very handsome man!  Here's a shot of him and my mom.
Well, it was supposed to be of him and my mom, but James -- who is FOREVER dodging my camera lens or holding his hand (or something) up in front of his face -- decided he needed to be a part of this picture too.  I'll take 'em when I can get 'em.  :)

And a happy ending?  Yes!  Sawyer (willingly) giving his Grand-paw-paw a kiss goodnight.  
As I said earlier, this is what this visit it all about!

Today, if the weather cooperates, we're headed off to tour the Huntsville Botanical Gardens.  We're doing a private tour by tram, so it should be lots of fun!  Tonight is pizza and more hilarity at Joc's house.  Last night we bowled on the wii.  Tonight maybe we'll get out the Fruit Ninjas!!

I haven't stitched so much as a seam this week, but I have made some quilty purchases, and I'll be back to share some of those tomorrow.  In the mean time, have a terrific Wednesday!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Barbara said...

Ellie's chubby little legs are just begging to be squeezed.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great photo's, thank you for sharing. Continue to enjoy your family time.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh it looks like you are having the BEST time with family!!! Great pictures that you will enjoy long after the visit is over :*) Stitching can come later - enjoy your loved ones while you can!

Jean said...

So glad you're having fun with your family. That's what it's all about.

Love the "Cheese"... just precious!

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness, just look at those lovely chubby baby legs!!! It sounds like you are having the BEST time. Some things take priority over taking any stitches in anything, and this precious visit with family is definitely one of them.

Lee said...

Ellie is just adorable, and such a great pic of your mom with her. And Leia kitty - lol, funny cat. I once had one that would somehow get up on the showerdoor frame and dangle her legs off either side. Enjoy today's adventure :)

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Some things are worth setting the sewing aside and this is definitely one of them! Precious memories being made!

Barbara F. said...

How do you control yourself with kissing that chubby baby Ellie?! Those legs,I want to bite them!!! Great photos, and it sure looks like everyone is having a great time. Happy Mother's Day, Denise! xo

Gmama Jane said...

I enjoy your family posts!! Reminds me of our family and the fun we have. Isn't family the best?!! Your mother is so pretty and you look so much like her.. especially the smile! Your Daddy is a handsome sweetheart. They simply HAVE to move here but I know how folks "our age" don't like change.
Hugs
Jane

Momof3girls said...

Love the pictures!

My oldest cried the same way at restaurants, only when the meal came. One of us would have to hold her while the other would eat and then we would switch. When the other two came along, we didn't go out for a while. It was just too hard.

Connie said...

What wonderful family photos! I looked through the last few posts and can't believe how much you, your mom and Jocelyn look so much alike! Beautiful!

Sarah said...

Those are some chubby porchops aren't they? Just wanna give them a squeeze or tickle. My brother has a similar app on his droid - I refuse to let him take my picture for that very reason. Poor little Leia - such an adorable pose but her attitude keeps everyone at bay.

Kate said...

Family fun is the best kind of fun and it looks like you've got a lot of that going on. Love the before and after pictures! Priceless