Monday, May 07, 2012

family, fun and fabric too . . .

Oh my gosh, what a marvelous evening we had last night!  It was so terrific to have my mom and dad pull in and catch up!  And any time my dad and my son are in the same room, hilarity is not far behind.  I laughed so hard last night I considered that I might need to purchase Depends to make it through the rest of the visit!

It was fun to introduce Ellie to her great-grandparents, too.  My dad caught this shot . . .
Four generations of Fowler girls!  Okay, so they're Fowler-Panter-Merkel girls.  You get the idea!

Sawyer would have NOTHING to do with my dad.  To the point that it was quite humorous!  He warmed up a little by the end of the evening, and the remote controlled fire truck they brought him helped a little.  Of course, it didn't help that Sawyer had just gotten up from his nap ... and that's his clingiest time.  
He was okay with Aunt Joc and wanted his picture taken with her and Ellie.  Easy enough!

I have a couple of projects I'm auditioning fabrics for, but they're both 'secret' projects so I'm not sharing yet.  I can share the April doll swap quilt I made, now that it's safe in the hands of its new owner:
I so loved the fabrics for this little piece!  Luckily I had enough left over that I'm going to make a smaller one for a table topper for the RV.   I've got the beginnings of it up on my design...window (really).
I think that's called having your cake and eating it, too!

Head on over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to check out other inspiring design walls!  As for me, we're having a Mother's Day luncheon at Emma's tea house and then we may head over to JoAnn's to peruse the fabric section.  Mmmm.  Then tonight we're having a fish fry up at the camp tonight -- should be another fun-filled day!!

:)

19 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great family photo girls! Enjoy your family time.

Janet O. said...

It sure isn't hard to tell by the smiles that all those women are related!! : )
Very cute little quilt--so fresh and perfect for Spring and/or Summer.

Bonnie said...

I've been following you all over the internet this morning! What a happy group you all are. I love photos of families -- esp. the generational ones.

I too love the little quilt you made. I just acquired some peachy colored fabric... or maybe it is red? Anyway it is going to become a cute little doll quilt one of these days. Enjoy your Mother's Day activities.

Cathy said...

It sure is easy to tell who is related to who in that picture. You look like your mother, and your daughter looks like you. I'm glad you are having a good time. HAve a great day.

Tina Wright Photography said...

Pure AWESOMENESS!!! ... *HUGS* to you all!! ENJOY!! ... and Have a cup at EMMA's for me too! ;) ... HaPpY MOTHER'S DAY all across the BOARD!! ...
Love ya!
Tina :) ...

Dirt Road Quilter said...

I have to agree with the others - y'all are obviously family! :) Gorgeous smiles and sweet memories!

Gmama Jane said...

I can see where you get your smile!! Love that picture!! I hope you can convince them to move here!! Wouldn't that be wonderful?
Blessings
Jane

Sarah said...

Kids are funny - who they will and won't hang out with or who is their *current* fav person. Yesterday Ty was all over hanging out with me because I was beating him at Connect 4 and he wanted to learn how to beat me. Normally the little one wants to hang with me.

Jean said...

I love, love, love that photo in so many ways -- beautiful, powerful women. Four generations.

and I love the orange quilt. Orange is such a happy color and it makes me smile!

Rachel's Quilts said...

Hopefully Ellie will inherit the family smile.
Love the polka dot fabric.

Rachel's Quilts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa in Music City said...

Oh it sounds like you are having a marvelous visit! Loved the picture of all the generations!!! Such lovely ladies :*) I cracked up at the "design window" LOL!!!

Kate said...

Priceless photo of the 4 generations. Love the doll quilt. Such fun colors! Enjoy the visit with your parents!

Vicki said...

Love your quilt and the fabrics are so adorable. Well, not as adorable as those babies in the pictures!! Sounds like a great time.

c. Joy said...

Beautiful blocks! Even more beautiful family. Enjoy this time.

AnnieO said...

No missing those similar wide grins in your pretty faces! What a great shot. My mom was a Fowler too.

Doll quilt is really cute!

Teresa F. said...

Awesome family photos.Love your orange table topper,too. The fabrics are wonderful.

Editfolt said...

OMG! you are very alike.

Deanna said...

Is happiness genetic? You all have matching smiles!