Tuesday, May 15, 2012

lucky eight hundred . . .

This is my 800th post.  It's really hard for me to believe . . . eight hundred posts.  Who knew I had so much to say?!

Our GLOW event last night was a huge success; we had such a blast!  Gigi's cupcakes were (are) the bomb-dot-com . . .
I ordered two dozen.  That's a lotta cupcake!  I also had a little cupcake candle door prize and a cupcake devotional to share.  It was lots of fun.
The best part of the night, though, was putting together our Bleacher Cheer Bags!  It was SO cool to see how twelve women could just fall into different roles, putting things together, without any direction.  We really did work together incredibly well. 
In no time, we had all twenty bags finished up and ready to be delivered at Saturday's ball game!  Now that's something to cheer about ... YAY!

The embroidery work on the satin is slow but steady.  The metallic floss is a little difficult to work with, but I think it'll be worth the effort.
I had to use a needle with a bigger eye in order to accommodate the floss.  I was a little worried about pulling the bigger needle through the fabric, but I think the stablizer makes a huge difference with that.
It'll probably be a bear to quilt ... not sure I want to even THINK about that yet.
But it sure is pretty and sparkly!

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Cathy said...

Oh, that is very pretty. I'm glad your event went so well. You put a lot of time and effort and prayer into it. It must be so rewarding to see it rake shape and form, and see the women come together.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my yes, very pretty and sparkly!!! I'm with you though, I would't want to have to think about how to quilt it :*)

800 posts! Wow! I've just posted my 78th LOL!!! Congratulations on that milestone, and here's to hoping there are many more posts to come!!!

Mary said...

I'm getting close to that number. Yes we, bloggers are a chatty bunch. Congrats on 800 posts! I love the cupcakes I get at our local cupcake shop. My waistline shows it-too!

Sarah said...

Happy Happy 800!!!
The silver stitching is stunning but, yeh, how are you going to quilt it? How big is the block? maybe only a simple outline would be sufficient.

Barbara F. said...

800 posts! Congratulations. I don't know how you do it! But I enjoy reading them!! xo

Lisa Leggett said...

OoOoh, pretty! I love the look of metallic thread, but oh! What a headache! Actually, it's gotten better since I started using Kreinik metallic threads (instead of DMC which about gave me a migraine) and Thread Heaven. Those cupcakes sound yummo! Bomb-dot-com, lol... that was funny!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

It sounds like your GLOW program is wonderful. I know you are putting so much time and prayer into it and I am sure that the ladies that are a part of it are blessed. Your stitching looks wonderful. I would be so intimidated, but I think your idea to add the stabilizer is a really good one - it will be beautiful!

Kate said...

Glow looks like a lot of fun and for a good cause. What could be better.

Beautiful stitching! Very sparkly!

Grammasheri said...

When I look at all your photos I think: Elegant! Elegant cupcakes, elegant stitching!

Pat said...

Congrats on 800 posts! That is a big accomplishment, for sure. You are doing a good job on that embroidered black block. The GLOW event looks like it was terrific and I do love the idea of those bleacher bags you gals made.