Tuesday, May 08, 2012

four generation tea . . .

Wow!  What a lovely day with family yesterday!!  First, despite the odds and the traffic/construction/houses being moved/etc., we all finally made it to Emma's Tea Room for lunch ... my mom, Jocelyn, Ellie, Kim and I!  FOUR generations having lunch together at the Tea Room!  When I called ahead and made our reservations, I did let Rebekah (the owner) know we were a special party and she was so sweet, she set us up at the big table in the private room!
We were celebrating Mother's Day (a tad early, but really, shouldn't we celebrate Mom's every day?!) and the table was quite festive once we got in and settled!

The silverware was charming ... she has mixed pieces and different settings that she uses at different tables.  I'd never seen the daffodil-tipped silverware before.  Isn't it darling?

Lunch was marvelous!  All of us got the special ... it was shaved ham with Brie, a sliver of apple and lettuce on a ciabatta roll, along with a side salad.  Isn't it beautiful?

For tea, Joc and I shared a pot of an herbal tea -- Vanilla Orange Cream.  It was a beautiful deep orangey-pink color . . . 
And when I added a touch of cream:
Surprise!  It turned a lovely shade of lavender!  I was highly amused!  This was the perfect tea for me ... orange and purple!  :)

 Mom was kind enough to hold the pretty baby while us younger gals (like how I included myself in that category?) ate our lunches.  Ellie just took it all in ... she cooed and smiled and I think she may have even giggled a little at an appropriate time or two.
One of the waitresses was kind enough to take a group picture, including Miss Ellie.  She was the perfect doll during lunch.  I'm pretty sure it's because she has 'tea party' in her blood!  And she wanted to make sure she got invited back to Emma's ... when she can enjoy the goodies, too!

I always do a little shopping (sometimes just window shopping, but shopping nonetheless) while I'm at Emma's.  She has such sweet little treasures tucked into all the nooks and crannies of her shop.  I came across this sweet little cup with a lid and strainer and fell in love immediately!
Blue and white is so sweet anyway, and the bees on the honeycombed background were just too darling!  I may have to put this on a list!  ;)

From there, Joc took Ellie home for a little nap, and Mom, Kim, and I headed to JoAnn's.  Let's just say my stash report will have some new numbers this week! 

At lunch we decided to brave the forecast for rain and go ahead with our plans for a fish fry out at the camp.  We're so fortunate that not a drop of rain came down -- it all went south/east of us.  Sawyer and my dad got along a little better.  At one point Sawyer took his "Grand-paw-paw" by the hand and led him out into the gravel to play a little ball!  Jason, James and my dad all had their cameras out and do you know, I did not get a single picture to share?!  I'll have to get one (or all) of the guys to share with me so I can share here!

Today we're spending the day at Jocelyn's and heading out on the town for dinner at Carrabba's Italian Grill!  Ciao!

:)

11 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I would love to visit a tea room - none in our area I don't believe. And I would have scooped up that blue/white bee collectable - oh no, never to use, to look at!! Continue to enjoy your family time.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a beautiful celebration of Mother's Day. It looks like everyone enjoyed themselves, including Ellie :-)

Tina Wright Photography said...

A "Special TEA Party" in The Big Room! ... was that a First for you!? ... PRIVATE TEA! Too FUN! ... I could smell the aroma of EVERY word!! ... Ahhh.... I'm overdue an "Emma's Play Date" myself!... and for the one's who mentioned no Tea Room close by, you simply MUST find you one to treat yourself to! There truly is nothing like it!! ...

What a Sweet...Sweet... Blessing of a Day!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of you Beautiful MOMS!! ;) ...

Love you all dearly ~ You're all a blessing to me!
Tina :) ...

Teresa in Music City said...

Dont' you just LOVE tea rooms?!? Sounds like the perfect day! And finishing up with Carrabba's - YUM!!! My favorite restaurant! You are getting some wonderful photos of all of you for memories to last a lifetime :*)

Janet O. said...

Looks like a very special day. We used to have a tearoom, but it closed before I ever made it there.
I love your little purchase!

Barbara F. said...

What a wonderful day you had, Denise! Any your mom is so young, and she is a great grandma?! Amazing! Ellie is as precious and adorable as ever. I see the resemblance between you, your mom and Joc. All so pretty. xo

Lee said...

How fun :) I love seeing pictures and hearing of families who do things special. Such a great picture of you all too. Enjoy your day at Jocelyn's.

Kate said...

Looks like lots of fun. It's never to early to start a little one on the joy of tea rooms. Looks like she took right to it. My "little" never learned to appreciate them unfortuantely.

Jean said...

That is so totally you! How fun!. I used to have tea parties with my nieces when they were little (3-5 y/o). I'd get out my sterling and china. We'd eat "elegant" ham sandwiches and have apple juice tea.

Sarah said...

I'm sew glad I don't do a stash report...AFter teaching my BOM at the LQS I needed to pick up some solid-ish fabrics for a charity quilt I need to do this weekend. Apparently I got so distracted with the other fabric I found (and purchased) that I left my projct stuff sitting at the store. Guess where I'll be after work tomorrow ?!

Sarah said...

oops - forgot to add that the tea sounds delightful - especially when it turns lavendar :)