Friday, May 04, 2012

shameless self promotion . . .

I entered this little pretty in this week's contest over at the Quilting Gallery!  The theme this week was appliqued quilts, and when I read that, I immediately thought of this one. I made it for one of my sisters, Julia!
Julia lives in a very rural part of Virginia, and she loves her little farm.  Especially the ducks, geese, turkeys, chickens and roosters!  The name of her place is Dutch Treat Retreat, hence the name of the quilt:
Ruling the Roost at Dutch Treat Retreat

Picking the fabrics for this was so easy ... I *loved* the rooster prints and especially the wire coop print.  It was all such fun!   My favorite part, though, is a little touch (as is often the way) . . .
I knew the front needed something but I couldn't decide what ... until I thought about embroidering chicken tracks all the way around the outside border.  It was the perfect little finish!

Anyway, there's lots of lovely pieces to look at today, but if you head over there and mine (or rather, Julia's now) grabs your attention, I'd sure appreciate your vote!

Happy FRIDAY!!

:)

19 left a comment . . .:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

You've got my vote!

LuAnn said...

I'm glad you let us know your quilt was in this week's contest. You have my vote, too!

Barbara F. said...

Denise, this is adorable! Those rooster tracks are amazing, that is a BIG little detail. Have a great weekend. xo

Cheryl Roth said...

Hi, visiting from Katherine's hop. I really admire quilting. I started a table runner once but never finished it. I enjoyed your blog a lot so I'm a new follower. Hope you'll visit me :) http://hearttoheartathome.blogspot.com/
http://createabeautifullife.com/

Rachel's Quilts said...

Love the chicken tracks! You got my vote too.

Janet O. said...

Very clever quilt--with great attention to detail. Love it!

Jean said...

Love the chicken tracks!

Mary said...

Very Cute. I'll go over and Vote. There is usually a chance to vote for more than one favorite. Love that you took a picture with your sister, too

Linda in Calif. said...

I love that you are shamelessly self promoting! And I love the quilt and all the little chicken tracks too. I bet Julia really loves having something hand made by you. Now I'm off to go vote.

Connie said...

Beautiful Denise!d heading over to vote for it!

Sarah said...

I voted for you, my friend. Good Luck!

Barb said...

I love your quilt...will have to hop over there and vote!

Teri said...

This is a great little quilt, love the original extras you added.

Barbara B said...

You got my vote! The chicken tracks are brilliant!

Barbara said...

Voted for you. Cute quilt!

Pat said...

Okay...went and cast a vote for yours. Of course, after looking at all those quilts, I....who is NOT good at applique....came away feeling pretty inferior! LOL

Kate said...

Great story behind a very cute quilt. I voted for you. Good luck!

Zlaty said...

I voted for you! It's nice they made the voting easy! :) 46 votes so far! Go Denise! That is adorable quilt for you sister!

Michelle said...

That's so cute! I love your fabric choices -- and those embroidered chicken tracks.