Saturday, May 19, 2012

much ado about much . . .

I have kept the mailman very busy over the past two days ... with such fun things showing up my box!  First off, I got an e-mail saying I'd been one of the winners of the coveted coffee mug from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Volume 5 blog tour, from the Quilty Pleasures blog itself.  I was so excited!  
I was even more tickled when I got the second e-mail saying that the mug and the magazine had been shipped separately . . .  Magazine?!  What an unexpected pleasure!  It's one thing scrolling through all the different blocks via blog ... quite something else to see them page-by-page!  If you haven't yet gotten your copy of the magazine, it's on the shelves now ... don't miss out!

I also received this fun book (with a sweet teapot-shaped) in the mail.  It's filled with the Nancy Reppert's  favorite recipes from her tea room, Sweet Remembrances Tea Room in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.  And it was inscribed by the author herself!  She also keeps a blog -- Rosemary's Sampler -- which is filled with fun things.
The little cookbook is filled with wonderful, perfect-for-tea recipes and some very sweet illustrations ... a lot of which would make very darling little stitcheries!  I received this from Angela McRae's Tea With Friends.  How fun is that?!  Angela does the most wonderful tea-related giveaways every Saturday on her blog, and that's on top of the terrific tea posts she does through the week.  Hers is truly a blog for the tea enthusiast!

And then --oh my -- there's this:
Two charm packs of that darling, *darling* Lilly & Will II (Bunny Hill) from Sharon over at Vrooman's Quilts!  Sharon has been doing this huge "May for ME" theme on her blog (on top of bingo and all the other marvelous things she shares on her blog) in celebration of her birthday this month!  I was one of her winners from Week 2.  She told me when she e-mailed me that I wouldn't know which set of charms I'd won until I received the.  Both were darling ... but I was particularly delighted to open my fun package and find the Lilly and Will -- it's such adorable stuff!  So tell me -- what is you favorite project that uses charm squares?!

And speaking of adorable stuff, the best part of my yesterday was spending time with this little doll baby:
Oh my, she's a heart melter!   She'd grown so much since I saw her last.  And I love that very serious look.
I tried to get one of her grinning at me ... she's got the most infectious grin!  But you can hardly see the grin for the fist.  I promise you it's there.
Yes, I could have just sat there and played with her all day.  Which is pretty much exactly what I did.  No apologies for it, either!
She loves to sit in her boppy next to me and talk and interact.  She's so alert and fun!  And it's quite hilarious to hear her try to imitate noises that she hears.  Too, too cute!

Today we're off to deliver our Bleacher Cheer Bags to the moms/grandmas/etc. of our adopted baseball team, and then a wedding this afternoon.  It should be interesting -- the groom's wearing a kilt!  Hope you have a happy Saturday!!

:)

12 left a comment . . .:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Oh my! You have been having fun! There are so many great things you can do with charm squares! I like a simple 9 patch or there are a thousand ways to use hsts! There is a tutorial on MBS called Charming Stars that I like too. Looks like Miss E is growing - she's just beautiful!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh yes! You scored a MUG!!! *jealous!* And congrats on the charm squares - they can be so much fun. I have made a couple small quilts from Nickle Quilts by Pat Speth. She gave a program at our guild a few years ago and we learned how to make a charm square go a long way :*)

Ellie just gets more gorgeous every day!!! I just love that last picture with her little cap on and her hands folded with that little mischievous look in her eyes... she's a happy little girl and it shows =^..^=

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow, it's like Christmas for you. And the mug to boot!!! Grab your coffee and sit down to look at the beautiful magazine.

Barbara said...

Well, you are just having too much fun!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How perfect you got the L&W - you can pair them with a solid (different) to make a quilt for each grand. Oh, my daughter had a 'Highland' wedding in our yard - the wedding party and all quests were lead around the property with bag pipes/fife/drums and then led up to the front stoop of the house where they had the ceremony. We had people stopping on the highway to watch!

John'aLee said...

Congrats! What a cutie that little one is!

Janet O. said...

Fun mail!
Cute little Ellie!
At Lake Louise in Alberta Canada last summer we saw a wedding couple taking vows at the lakeside. He was in a kilt and so were the groomsmen--and bagpipes were playing. Very cool!

Grammasheri said...

What a day full of blessings Denise! Little Ellie is simply irresistible. Enjoy your bounty of prizes!

Lee said...

lol, I can't believe how often you win, you are a winner! Each picture of that little darling just got cuter and cuter and that last one just made my heart jump, my goodness but she's precious. Blessings to you and yours.

Pat said...

WOW...in that 3rd photo, her sweet little face reminds me so much of Sawyer!!! She is a real cutie pie!

Sarah said...

You do get the best mail!!

hmmm..what to do with charm packs?? The small quilt I posted today, twisters or I have a tumbler template that fits charms. I can come up with more if you want :) Oh yeh, someone said 9patch but it could also be disappearing-9patch.

Can's believe how much Ellie has changed - didn't recognize her...

Gmama Jane said...

Whay am I not surprised you WON more swag??? What is your secret my dear friend??!! Folks, this gal wins ALL THE TIME!!! Have you counted up all the different give-aways, contests, etc.. you've won in the past 2-3 years alone? I'm absolutely blown away at your Good Luck Gene..it has to be in your DNA. LOL!!!
That little Granddaughter is so precious! I spent the entire say with mine yesterday sewing NICU and NILMDTS blankets..
Love
Jane
Are you going to eat before the guild meeting?