Sunday, May 13, 2012

stash report #20 and happy mother's day . . .

Ah.  Stash report time.  Do I have to include fabric for diapers?  I didn't buy it, it's just in my possession.  I'm thinking ... No.  I also purchased a high thread count flannel sheet to back Joc's quilt.  Don't give me a hard time about this!  But the question is, do I include *that* in my stash report?  Again I'm thinking ... No.  So, for this week: 
 
Used/donated this week: 0.5 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 12.75 yards
Purchased/added this week: 4.0 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 60.25 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -47.5 yards
 
As ever, linking up with Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times for the weekly stash reporting!
 
My itty-bitty usage came from this little piece:
It's a companion to this piece:
The Grand Hands Quilt I made for my mom several years ago.  When she only had TWELVE grandchildren.  And then my youngest sister decided she needed to make it a baker's dozen, which meant I had to come up with something creative to get a thirteenth hand in there.  Hence, the matching pillow - which is my mom's Mother's Day gift (I gave it to her, all pieced and appliqued before she left on Thursday, then took it back so I could finish it).  
 
Oh, and don't get me wrong ... my youngest nephew, Fowler, is quite the charmer and definitely worth the effort!!

And before I sign off, let me just warmly wish a Happy Mother's Day to all!!  
I plan on coming home from church and quietly stitching my afternoon away!

:)

7 left a comment . . .:

Cathy said...

Oh how precious!!!!!! I am going to use your idea here for my 6 little grands!!! Wonderful work you did! Happy Mother's Day! ♥♥♥

Barbara B said...

Happy mama's day to you, Denise!

Teresa in Music City said...

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day sweet friend :*)

Barbara F. said...

Happy Mother's Day, Denise! Have a wonderful day doing whatever inspires you! xo

Kate said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. The pillow was a great idea!

Pat said...

Love your HAND-iwork!!! Hope your Mother's Day was perfect in every way.

Sarah said...

What a thoughtful gift!! Have you started a grands quilt for yourself?