Sunday, July 01, 2012

stash report #27 and resolution . . .


So.  I made an error in last week's report.  I forgot to add the bundle of fat quarters I got in my prize package from the guild.  Whoops!!  I haven't added any other fabric (or used any other, for that matter) so that little bundle is all I've got to report . . .

Used/donated this week: 0 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 14.75 yards
Purchased/added this week: 1.5 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 72 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -57.25 yards

I'm thinking, based on my numbers, Joc didn't need to go out and buy 52 different yards fabric for Ellie's weekly pictures ... she could have just borrowed 'em from me!  Naw ... what fun would that have been???  As per usual, I'll be linking up with Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times for the weekly stash reporting!

Today brings more of the same.  Hot, hot, and more hot!  It's so hot even the squirrels are hanging around poolside . . .

Many thanks to all who responded on my plea for fabric help.  Y'all were right!  It was definitely Fairy Frost, by Michael Miller.  I did call the shop I'd purchased it from and they gave me their e-mail address, so I sent over the picture of it.  The girl called me back immediately and confirmed the name for me.  Alas, they didn't have any more of either of those colors (which, by the way, are "Coin" and "Bronze").  A quick search online netted was I was after, though!

Later this afternoon I'll be joining Kim, James, and Sawyer at their church for the annual Freedom Celebration!  
It's hands-down the BEST fireworks show around.  Plus there's food vendors and carnival games and lots of live music ... this year they are showcasing Rush of Fools, Committed, and Big Daddy Weave.  I'll be there to hang out with Kim and Sawyer -- James will probably have to work through most of it (he's the church's media/graphics/photographer/videographer guy).  Should be fun!


Ah, and before I forget, to my Canadian friends . . . Happy Canada Day!  

Until tomorrow!

:)

5 left a comment . . .:

Jean(ie) said...

Big daddy weave. Haven't heard them in ages. Love that band name. Lol! So glad you found what you needed in that fabric. You gotta have that fall sparkly stuff to go with your pumpkins.

Cathy said...

That is so fabulous, that you were able to find out what that fabric was, and to find more of it.Hope you are having a good weekend.

Cathy said...

Yes, it is hot, and I feel soooo bad for all those millions in the East USA that have lost their electricity do to the Storm on Friday night! We have electricity, but many in our area were affected! I'd be living in a 24-hour store if I'd lost mine! ♥♥♥

Janet O. said...

Smart squirrels!
Sounds like a big event at your church.
Last year at this time we were in Canada celebrating with my MIL's family--fireworks, small town community gathering--and singing "O, Canada" for the first time in my life.

Sarah said...

LOL. As long as you don't have to count 52 yards added when Joc gives you the fabric to make a quilt out of it, it's all good.

My trick during Miami hurricanes was to take lots of cold baths with a good book. What else was there to do? Couldn't use the sewing machine...