Monday, April 05, 2010

design wall monday . . . wedding quilt revisited

For today, anyway, the wedding signature quilt is back on the wall, as I try to make some sense of signatures and the pattern of the particular blocks that got signed and the final design that was supposed to happen!

I did closest family and friends in the center, and then moved outward. Although I did save some of the funnier signatures for the outermost blocks. Joc wants this as a throw in her living area, so they can use it and enjoy it frequently.

I've got enough unsigned squares that I think I'm going to add those (or piece the back with them) so that the couple can add a sentiment for each anniversary or whenever something monumental takes place in their married lives.

Check out Patchwork Times by Judy Laquidara to see what others are working on this delightful Monday!

:)

11 left a comment . . .:

Diane said...

Love the colors and the concept of this quilt and having the extra blocks for them to add to in years to come is fantastic!

Linda said...

Very nice....

Stitched With Prayer said...

Denise, I also love the colors in this quilt. The signatures and well wishes from family and friends will be cherised forever. Wow, ideas like this could put the greeting card business in a bind...(no pun intended, lol). As for the the extra blocks for the couples anniversary sentiments, I can't think of a more perfect way to keep them. This reminded me of a wonderful gentelman I knew that bought his wife a Valentine card many years ago and decided to just use the same card year after year to write his thoughts on. He had finally had to add a couple of recipe cards when he ran out of room. His wife posted a picture on our group message board shortly after her dear husband of over 60 years went home to his Lord and Savior. The card was 55 years old and covered with some of the most beautiful, tender comments that there wasn't a dry eye in the group. This quilt, can easily turn into the same kind of treasure. Such a beautiful gift in so many ways. Thanks for sharing and a special thanks for reminding me of Robert's beautiful card. I hadn't thought about it for a quite a while. Hugs coming your way. Have a blessed week.

Quilter Kathy said...

WHat a great idea!

Margeeth said...

I think this will become a lovely memory, I love the colours.

Teaquilts said...

A great memory quilt and I love the concept of adding sentiments over time.

Gari said...

Lovely quilt and I, too, like the idea of being able to add to it over time.

Cathy Shepherd said...

Great quilt, Denise. The happy couple will love it.

SarahVee said...

This is a great idea. I'm glad they want to use it! The blank blocks are a good idea for future memories too.

DocSly said...

Denise, I just love your layout and the colors. What a wonderful way to remember an event. Have a great week.

Quilt Hollow said...

Fantastic color and such a wonderful memory quilt. Thanks for sharing your wall.