Saturday, April 10, 2010

I know . . .

. . . I said yesterday that I wouldn't use this blog as a forum for new lifestyle. But hey, it's *what* *I'm* *doing*! And you know how when you start something like this, it pretty much occupies your thinking for a while? That's where I am.

My MM (mighty man) is so encouraging and willing to do whatever it takes -- even going through these next two weeks without pasta/starches/whatever--to make life easier on me! Isn't he sweet? We sat down over breakfast this morning and planned out our menu for the next week, and then I made out my grocery list and hit the store. I believe this is doable, although I can see that there is going to be struggle with the sugar/bread thing.

When I got to the checkout at the grocery store, chocolate was ALL over the place! It was beckoning, calling, whispering my name!!! And before I could even consider it, a picture of my precious Sawyer popped into my head. I got to babysit him last night, and I was thinking of how important lifestyle change was, if I was going to be grandma to him for a very long, long time. Who needs chocolate? I've got my Sawyer!

Todd & I took a long walk/hike through the woods and over the streams this afternoon. I'm finding such wonderful treasures as natures blooms and grows! It's breathtaking. No, I mean literally, as I hike all over creation, I'm huffing and puffing, trying to catch my breath! LOL! This too shall pass!

Ah, and thank you kindly for all the supportive comments and e-mails over the past couple of days. It's so encouraging to know I'm not going the battle alone. I believe it really does make a powerful difference.

Cheerio!

:)

4 left a comment . . .:

Kristie said...

I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you. I know you'll do great! We had a very busy weekend planned and for part of it I was not going to be in control of the menu. I was so excited to find that even in that situation I could choose carefully and stay on track. It was a great feeling. I'm so thankful that these first two weeks have been so easy and have gone by so quickly. I firmly believe this is my season and God is walking me right through this process. Keep us posted. I'm cheering you on!

Vivian said...

You are so right, it is a lifestyle change. Sometimes it takes an eye opener such as your grandbaby. You are on the right track planning menus, etc. Also walking is the very best exercise because anyone can do it and almost anytime. It sounds like your DH is right there with you. It is always easier if there is someone with you. I hope you start out slowly on the walking and add some each week. If you have time, walking some in the morning and again in the evening is great. Also, lots of salads instead of full meals. Please email me to chat at any time you need encouragement.

Mama Spark said...

YEAH!! Good for you. If I can do it you can do it! I will be reading to see how you are coming along and if I can help in some way just let me know.

squeeli2 said...

I completely understand where you're coming from on the tracker. Notice mine is only tracking how much I've lost up to my 1st goal, which is 13 lbs. lost. I'm not comfortable putting up my weight, BMI or long term BIG goal. I did put up a preliminary set of goals up to my 1st year WW anniversary, but it is not my forever goal.