Saturday, February 15, 2014

a review - His Treasure: Gems of Love from Your King

This week's review of His Treasure: Gems of Love from Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd was an easy one.  It's a sweet little book filled with encouraging words straight from Scripture that are meant to remind daughters of the High King that they are valued and esteemed.

The format is very appealing -- set with pretty pictures of girly-treasure on words written on 'parchment' -- the pages go back and forth between passages of Scripture to sweet notes from the Father.  It's definitely written for the feminine reader.

The author, Sheri Rose, has a number of titles to her credit and she does a marvelous job of communicating God's love and esteem for His children.

The book is small -- to fit perfectly by your bed for that "first thing in the morning" (or last thing in the evening?) pep talk -- or perhaps in your desk drawer at work, for when you need a little help in "overcoming" -- or need something to focus on while you count to ten! It's also perfect for gift-giving.

I found it to be thoroughly Scripture-based, honest and encouraging and enjoyed reading through it.  I would definitely recommend it to others.  I have a copy to give away, so if you're interested, let me know in a comment and I'll pick a winner on Tuesday.

:)

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Tyndale Publishers,
 as part of their Blogger Review program. I was not required to write a positive review. 
The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the 
Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: 
"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

7 noted . . .:

Ronda Walker said...

Sounds like a beautiful book, I would love to win a copy..

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

You know I love to read encouraging books. But even more so, a gift for a friend who needs a little lift. Thanks again for the great reviews.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

This is exactly what I need to give my daughter!!! She startis a new job next Wednesday. She is truly a daughter of the Father and loves books to strengthen her faith. Thanks for pointing this book out as a good read!!!

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a great book to start and finish each day.

Celia Ambrose said...

I love small books with uplifting messages from Scripture. I would love to win this. My regular email is different:celiaambrose@hotmail.com
Thank you for the chance.

Ronda Quilts said...

It sounds like a wonderful treasure to own. Thanks for the opportunity to win. Miss you.

Doniene said...

I missed this post - glad I'm not too late!! I would love a copy of this book!! Thanks for offering the giveaway!!

Blessed day to you sweet lady!!