Saturday, February 22, 2014

a review - unglued devotional: 60 days of imperfect progress . . .

I have long been a fan of Lysa Terkeurst.  She is an amazing woman, member of the Proverbs 31 team and a straight-to-the-heart-of-matters kind of author.  So it was a no-brainer for me when I was offered the opportunity to read and review Unglued Devotional: 60 Days of Imperfect Progress

The devotional is a companion piece to her book, Unglued.  And it's perfect.  After I'd read Unglued, I walked through the devotional and was so pleased to have daily, bite-sized chunks of wisdom to continue to ponder. The companion devotional reinforces all the treasures she covers in the book, opening daily with a Scripture verse, a daily *thought*, a couple of paragraphs of devotional material and a closing prayer.  A fantastic way to start off a day!  Lysa is honest and transparent and while she doesn't pull punches--let's face it, we're all imperfect people trying to function in an imperfect world with lots of other imperfect people!--she's also very compassionate and empathetic in her dialogue.  While there were many times the words resonated with me, leaving me feeling quite convicted, I never felt condemned. Instead, the devotions are inspiring and give hope.

I highly recommend this devotional -- even if you haven't read Unglued.  The material is cohesive and well-written and *so* meaningful!

And I've got a giveaway copy, too -- so if you're interested, leave me a comment and I'll select a winner on Tuesday.

:)

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Tyndale Publishers,
 as part of their Blogger Review program. I was not required to write a positive review. 
The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the 
Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: 
"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

9 noted . . .:

Sandi Colwell said...

I'm interested! I won't win though, because really, does comment #1 ever win?? Lol!! It's my birthday, does that increase my chances? Thanks for the opportunity!

gpc said...

LOL, comment number 2 doesn't often win, either -- but if I do, please give my prize to Comment #! since it's her birthday, lol. The devotional sounds wonderful because we are all imperfect and support without condemnation shouldn't be as rare as it is. :)

Celia Ambrose said...

Thank you for sharing this devotional. I will look for it at the little Christian shop in my town. Sounds like a great book to have, and maybe give to friends.

Norece said...

I recently read a blog where comment #1 won! This book sounds just what I have been looking for. I will order it online today. So if comment #4 wins please pass it along to comment #1 or #2.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

This devotional sounds so interesting. Thanks for sharing a copy.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've just started getting the Project 31 devotionals. Very good.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I'm doing the Made to Crave online Bible study given by Proverbs 31 team. Their books are really good devotionals. I have several on my Kindle app, but not this one!! Thanks for the review!!

Ronda Quilts said...

I've been blessed by several of her books and I would love the opportunity to win this one. Thanks Denise for the opportunity.

Teresa in Music City said...

Since I've already won, I'll pass on the giveaway :( But thanks for the review - I'll be keeping my eye open to pick up a copy of both books :*)