Thursday, February 06, 2014

tea parties and stitching projects . . .

It's been a crazy week . . . I spent most of the morning, Monday, in the doctor's office.  Another sinus infection gone rogue into my lungs, leaving me with another case of acute bronchitis.  I sound worse than I feel, but all that coughing is wearing on a body (and bladder...I'll say no more).  But he got me on antibiotics and a whole host of things, so hopefully I'll be right as all the rain we're getting!

I did spend Tuesday with Ellie.  What a fun day we had!!  First of all, the girl can sleep.  She didn't wake up until almost 9:30!  After we snuggled and I fed her some breakfast, we decided to make scones for an afternoon tea party.  I'd gotten some new tea (a cocoa, candy cane rooibos tea) and thought Ellie would enjoy it, but she also loves to help in the kitchen, and scones are easy and quite necessary for a tea party.

Ellie cut the butter into the flour . . . 
She's working that pastry cutter like a pro.

And stirred . . .

And tasted . . .

And we ended up with some yummy cinnamon raisin scones!

Perfect for an after-the-afternoon-nap tea party!
It was nice because Ellie's mommy got to join us . . . a three-generation tea!

I finished my heart spool project and it's looking good in the ol' quilt stand . . .

And I'm working on a couple things.  A secret mug rug project, this StitchMAP hexie lab project . . .
And gathering my stuff to work on over retreat, which is in less than TWO WEEKS!

Today I'm headed out to stitch with the Sassy Sewers.  They're always fun!! Happy day!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Janet O. said...

You are such a fun grandma!! What a sweet time with Ellie.
Your little spool heart turned out great!
Sorry you are so sick, but in spite of it all, it sounds like you are having lots of fun! : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I can remember tea parties with my daughter and her friends - fun. Gosh, you have had more than your share of illness - take care and feel better soon.

Melissa Bishop said...

What a big girl in the kitchen to be so helpful!
What fun too to have a 3G tea party. So many blessings my friend!

Missy Shay said...

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Mad about Craft said...

Those antibiotics need to do their magic before your retreat!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hope you are feeling better. Those scones would have been good this afternoon, when we were on our shop hop. We could have used the sustenance.

Kate said...

Hope you are feeling better, sinus infections are definitely no fun.

Looks like a great day with Ellie. She looks like quite the scone expert.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

You are so blessed ... a stitching group and a retreat! I'm a little bit jealous!

Those scones look yummy! What fun you had making them!

StitchinByTheLake said...

So sorry you've been sick again - prayers for quick healing being lifted up! I love scones. :) blessings, marlene

StitchinByTheLake said...

So sorry you've been sick again - prayers for quick healing being lifted up! I love scones. :) blessings, marlene

Mary said...

You are a lucky Grandma to have so close to come and help in the kitchen. Yummy looking scones. care to share the recipe? I'm sure the time spent with her and JOC is memorable. Feel Better!

Jean(ie) said...

The crud... again? UGH... Hope you kick it to the curb this time. HUGS!

Sarah said...

I think you have a budding chef - and no flour amiss. I'm suitably impressed! I hope you feel better lickitysplit - bronchitis is no fun at all. (and here it is 2/7 w/out a sign of my annual turn - my fingers are crossed!)