Sunday, February 16, 2014

with a stitch-stash paddywhack . . .

I've quickly come to see that one of the major benefits of committing to reporting on my daily 15 minutes of sewing is that I'm compelled to do *something* each day so my little sticky notes aren't blank!
Of course what you see here is honestly a lot more than 15 minutes (except for the Celtic knot days ... where I did time 15 minutes worth of knots just *so* I had something to report).  But finishing up the piecing and then quilting/binding Midnight Snow consumed hours!

Midnight Snow also had a positive effect on my stash report . . .
Sure, it's not a TON of stash, but it's all positive steps!  I spent a hour or so yesterday pulling together the projects I'll take with me on retreat.  I'm taking a lot of little things that are just shy of finishing, so hopefully I'll have even more positive steps to report next week -- provided I don't get carried away in the fabric shops!

Today, after morning worship, I'll head on over to spend the next couple of days with Ellie!  Should be lots of fun.  I'm taking hand work with me . . . the Celtic Knot, of course:
It doesn't look like I've made hardly any progress on it -- those knots are so time consuming!  And I'm also bringing a new project I'm working on:
This is my pattern (which I had to make pencil adjustments to, once I'd printed it out).  I spent Saturday stitching the fabric pieces together and now it's ready for some crazy quilting seam treatments!  I'll probably work on this while Ellie naps today.

Linking up to the stash report at Patchwork Times and to the Slow Sunday Stitching linky party at Kathy's Quilts.  

And don't forget -- there's a new book review and giveaway posted HERE!

Enjoy your Sunday!

:)

16 left a comment . . .:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Time-consuming loveliness :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Yes making those hand stitches takes time but they will be so worth it. Can't wait to see your crazy block evolve.

Charlene S said...

One day I will get to do a little hand stitching so stitch for me!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Yay! Still on the plus side! I too need to spend more time with my embroidery. I've not done enough of it lately.

Dee Dee said...

Great progress on your hand work. Enjoy your time with Ellie!

Deb A said...

Love your block and can't wait to see your beautiful crazy quilt stitches on it. Enjoy your hand work time.

Jean(ie) said...

Look at you go! I need to adopt the 15 min/day thing. I spent time with my EPP project yesterday. Not huge progress, but progress nonetheless.

Looks like you have some fun going on... One of the surprise books I sent will help you out with some of your CQ projects. (hint)

Doniene said...

Way to go on all counts!! Have super fun with Ellie and on your retreat!!

Blessings and hugs!

LA Paylor said...

the post it notes are so cute. And you put a lot on your plate!!
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

I went over and looked at that group where you are doing your stitchery. It looked really interesting and I came close to joining it, until I had to tell myself, "are you crazy... how can you add in something else?" So I didn't. But your Celtic Knot sure got me tempted. Have a great time with your Ellie. Where do you get those post it notes?

Valerie Reynolds said...

I especially like the crazy quilt in your blog header. ;)

Teresa in Music City said...

You inspire me! I've been trying to put in a few stitches somewhere every day too, but it's been difficult this week. Hopefully I can get back to the routine next week. Love your progress on Celtic Stitches!!! And I'm intrigued with your proposed new project :)

Kate said...

Every little bit adds up. You were a lot more diligent with the 15 minutes than I was last week. Both your reports look great. Looking forward to sewing your new hand stitching project.

Dar said...

Every little bit of stitching gets you that most closer to finishing!! Have fun with your retreat and with Ellie.

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope you enjoyed your knots and crazy stitching!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching :)

Sarah said...

I'm working backwards thru your blog - love the look of the mugrug project! I can't wait to see the FRONT!!!!