Wednesday, February 05, 2014

bibliophile files . . .

Last month Sarah, from sarah did it!, issued a book reading challenge.  I took her up on it for several reasons.  I *love* to read, that's number one.  Reason number two is that I wanted some direction and diversity in what I was reading.  And number three ... don't laugh ... I needed a challenge to keep me from being *lazy* in my reading!  LOL!

So I picked four categories . . . books that have been recommended, books I've borrowed from the lending library, books I'm reviewing (blogging for books), and books that are faith/walk strengtheners.  I'm happy to say I finished all four (and then some) of January's books.  I'll be doing a review of Shades of Mercy later this week -- and I have giveaway copies!

This month, I've sort of picked a one-two-three punch for the first three criterion.  All three are by Davis Bunn, a favorite author of mine, and all three are part of a single series.

Recommended book:  Lion of Babylon (which is also the first of the Marc Royce Series)
Library book:  Rare Earth (the second of the series)
Review book:  Strait of Hormuz (the third--and possibly last--of the series)


So yes, I'm a bit single-focused, but it's all good.  My fourth book actually both fits the 'faith/walk strengthening' category and is recommended reading. It's also required reading.  LOL!  Our group of MSC missionaries is walking through it together. It's called The U-Turn Church, and I started it last night -- so far it's very good and very relevant to the work Todd and I are doing!  But I realized that it was probably not the best book to take to bed ... I wanted to underline/highlight too much!


So . . . that's what is on my library shelves this month.  What's on yours?  And be sure to head over to Sarah's Bibliophile Files linky party!!

:)

6 noted . . .:

Momof3girls said...

I just finished Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley.

Sarah said...

So glad to see you met your monthly reading challenge. I hadn't thought of monthly goals since my reading levels changes with the seasons. I am hoping to get a bit of reading done at retreat this weekend. I don't often get to read paper books outside of bedtime. We'll see how much I actually get read. LOL

Missy Shay said...

I've read that series of Davis Bunn's books and really enjoyed them even though I don't normally like those type of books.

Jean(ie) said...

LOVED Lion of Babylon! I love me a good thriller like that. I'm listening to The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott.

I've got well over 100 books in my Kindle queue... Maybe we need to do an online book-reading cahllenge. Hmm....

Mary said...

I haven't finished a book in a while. I have been reading Blogs and all the clues for the Mystery, BOW's and BOM I'm doing. I've been too busy sewing/quilting and cleaning up my messy QuiltZone! I have a few on my shelf just waiting for a break in the action.

Kate said...

I've not been doing a lot of reading at home, too much technical reading going on at work. Congrats on meeting your January goals.