Friday, February 14, 2014

come and gone . . .

The snow, that is.  It did finally arrive late on Wednesday afternoon . . . and continued to come down into the wee hours of Thursday morning.  When we got up, it looked like this:
So beautiful!  I know it creates headaches for power and traveling (especially when, like ours, there's a good inch or so of ice underneath), but it's so lovely and peaceful looking out here at the camp!  I'll share a few pics from our trek out and about in it . . .
There were animal tracks everywhere!  Especially deer and raccoons.
Bamboo does not like snow!
The ol' homestead.  The metal cans are where we keep the bird and critter food!
My love and I.  
And I couldn't resist a final shot of Midnight Snow in the snow . . .

I've made sugar free shortbread cookies for my sweet Valentine . . .
We'll celebrate quietly together, this evening, and then Todd's got *secret* plans for tomorrow!

Winners have been drawn for the Shades of Mercy giveaway!  The lucky readers are Gene Black, Happy Cottage Quilter (Jocelyn), Teresa in Music City, and Sarah! Congratulations to all of you -- as soon as I collect mailing addresses, I'll get these out.  Hopefully in tomorrow's post!

And speaking of Sarah, it's Feline Friday over at sarah did it!
And Leia says Happy Valentine's Day!  No she doesn't...she just doesn't.

But I do!  

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Jean(ie) said...

Congrats to the book winners! That was a pretty snow! Glad I could see it from here. LOL! ;)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous photos! Congrats! to the winners.

Sarah said...

Poor Leia - I would send lots of love and snuggles and kisses if I didn't think she would bite me. Maybe she could get together with Zorro and they could "wear their burlap undies" together!!!

Happy V-Day and thanks for the book - I can't wait to start on it after I finish "The International Bank of Bob."

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Beautiful pictures!! I hope you are staying snug and warm :-) Happy Valentine's Day!

Kate said...

Beautiful pictures. Snow is so pretty, as long as you don't have to go anywhere!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

That is the best kind of snow. Here, then gone!!! A lot of our three week old snow melted today.

Congrats to the book winners..... enjoy!!!!

Love your big snowflake in the snow. A fitting backdrop!!!

Barbara F. said...

your pix are so beautiful! Just the right amount? xo

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Beautiful snow & ice pictures! Such a cold and snow filled winter all over - I hope that spring comes on time.