Sunday, February 23, 2014

packing it in . . .

Yup.  That's what I'm doing this morning.  Packing it up and getting things situated so I can work, work, work right up until retreat ends and load up the car!  The goodbye sunrise this morning was *spectacular*!
Just gorgeous, right?  It's really nice to have this very incredible reminder of God's goodness on this particular day -- Everett would have been three.  It's amazing how fast the time has gone by.

I had no trouble getting in my 15 minutes this week, even while I was with Ellie!
I'll share more about what I've worked on these last five days later on in the week!

My stash took a bit of a hit . . . in the wrong direction! I got a lovely package from Jean (Jean Creates) and we hit Hammer's yesterday.  Here's what I grabbed from Hammers:
It's so funny ... it's almost a repeat of what I got last year at Hammer's!  What I received from Jean deserves a post of its own (which I'll do later).  Anyway, I packed away some yardage, without enough to go out . . .
But it's still running on a pretty even keel, so I won't sweat it!

There will be some last minute frantic work going on this morning, but I will eventually settle into my slow Sunday stitching.  Still plugging along on my Celtic Garden:
The hedge outlines are really starting to take shape!  One they're finished, the French knots to fill it in will go relatively quickly.  I'll be happy to be finished with the colonial knots!

Linking up today with the stash report at Patchwork Times and also with Kathy's Quilts!

Oh yeah--the current book review and giveaway is HERE.

Be *blessed* today!

:)

11 left a comment . . .:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Oh I'm so sorry to learn about Everett. As a mama who's experienced loss, I know firsthand the sorrow. Even after 40 years, there's a little piece of my hear missing ... And while I still wonder why, I know that God is good and trust Him.

I just LOVE that fabric you bought! I would have had to bring so e of that home with me, too. ;-)

Enjoy your last day at your retreat!

Dee Dee said...

Glad you have been enjoying your retreat. Beautiful sunrise, living in the middle of a forest we don't have the opportunity to see them. Prayers to you and your daughter's family today.

Jean(ie) said...

Hammers? Dang woman. Wish I were there. One of the places I miss. cheap fabric. Gotta love it.

I got a box of 50 FQs coming. So mine will take a HUGE hit! (gulp)

Jean(ie) said...

Oh, and I realized I left a few items out. Expect package #2 soon as well! Will try to get it out after the 1st of the month.

Quilter Kathy said...

I've been on retreat too.... isn't it just the best?!?!

Kate said...

Not a bad report, it won't take much to get back to the black. You've been doing so well with the 15 minutes each day, congrats on that.

Your stitching project looks so cool. Looking forward to seeing it all finished.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Love pink and browns together.

Everett was with you watching that gorgeous sunrise. Our loved ones are always with us in our hearts.

Sandi Colwell said...

The sunrise is beautiful. So sorry about Everett. Saying a prayer for you and your family today as you remember him.

Needled Mom said...

I am certain that the sunrise was a special gift from Everett. Sending prayers for all of you today.

Janet O. said...

Oh, Denise, I wasn't blogging yet when Everett was a part of your life, so I wasn't familiar with this story. What strength and faith your daughter and her DH demonstrated!
Love that gorgeous sunrise!
Your Celtic Garden does KNOT look like something I would have the patience to do, but you are making great progress. : )

Sarah said...

Happy Belated to little Everett!! I am sure he is missed dearly by the entire family but that gorgeous sunrise is a reminder that he is watching over all of you! What a beautiful start to your last day at retreat.