Sunday, February 02, 2014

fifteen-new-slow-stash . . .

Yup, that about sums it all up!

I got my fifteen minutes every day this past week except for Friday ... but since I spent Friday with Sawyer and Friday evening with the family (gender reveal party), I think I'll cut myself some slack on that one . . .
Most of this week's time was spent on the CQ Heart -- a lot of hand work in that.
It also ended up being my NewFO for the month of January.  It's crazy . . . I felt like January was a productive month, but I have so little to show for it (well, except for the heart and MOC).  At least they're both *finished*!

My stash report is looking good (for me, anyway) this week, too.  I put a little more than I took out of the second stash box, plus the CQ heart and another heart project (every little bit helps):
So, hanging onto the black!  It's going to have to slide the other way before the  month is over. In order to finish up the pineapple quilt, I'm going to have to purchase some yardage of black. Ugh. But then I'll hopefully have another finish in same said quilt by month's end, too.

I mentioned another heart project.  I'd planned on hanging the CQ Heart from my quilt stand, but it didn't fill enough space, so I opted out.  I really wanted something Valentine-y.  Then Kathy Tracy uploaded the "small quilt" of the month on the Yahoo! group SmallQuiltTalk, and I knew what I'd do.  I modified it to make it longer for the stand . . .
Isn't it darling? In retrospect I probably should have switched the red and the pink that I used for the heart and spool, but that could just be the muted colors in the picture. I'm doing some very simple hand quilting on it and then I've got the binding ready to go.  I imagine stitching on this will be the way I spend a "slow" Sunday afternoon!

Linking up today's post to the stash report at Patchwork Times, slow Sunday stitching at Kathy's Quilts, and the NewFO linky party at Cat Patches.

Oh, and before I go . . . 
It's a GIRL!!  Olivia Mae is due to arrive mid-June!

Happy Sunday (I'm certainly going to smile my way through mine)!!

:)

21 left a comment . . .:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

A girl! How exciting! A future quilter, perhaps?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You certainly did a lot during January with your MOC. Congratulations to all!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

A sweet little girl! I see many more feminine and pretty hearts in your future! :)

Debra said...

What a cute cake for the gender reveal! Congratulations. LOVE your little crazy quilt heart - precious and beautiful work! How big is that?

Dee Dee said...

Denise - you certainly created some lovely stitches on your heart. Olivia is such a sweet name - congrats on your new grandbaby!

Teresa in Music City said...

Congratulations Grandma!!!! You are gathering quite a collection of little girls :*) We did that too for a while, then the boys started coming, so now we have a nice collection of both LOL!!! Let me say again how much I love your CQ Heart - its perfect!!! And your little wall hanging is too darn sweet - just like you! :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh a sweet little girl, with a pretty name. Love your heart and I want to try Kathleen's block too! Your Crazy heart is wonderful!

Kate said...

Congrats on the new granddaughter, they've picked a beautiful name for her.

Love both your Valentine's projects. You've had a great year in finding time to sew and on the stash busting.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Love your hearts! Congratulations on the baby girl. I see plenty of pink fabric in your future!

Melissa Bishop said...

Congratulations!

Donna said...

Baby girls are such fun to stitch for. Congratulations!

Love your heart!

Mary said...

Have fun quilting your heart out, PUN intended. So happy for you to get an OLIVIA! I have one too. she's a sweetie.

Dar said...

What a cute little CQ Heart. All that hand embellishments just make it perfect. Congrats on your new litle bundle of joy. Never get too many of those, right?

Janet O. said...

Two cute Valentine-y hearts to share--fun, fun! : )
I'd say finishing MOC was a major accomplishment, girl!
Happy news about Olivia!!

Michelle said...

Love both your heart projects! And congratulations on the news of a new granddaughter!! So wonderful!

Gina said...

Congratulations on the news bout your new to be grand daughter. The crazy heart is amazing xx

StitchinByTheLake said...

First of all congratulations for the new baby! And second of all I love those hearts. :) blessings, marlene

Jean(ie) said...

Another girl!!!!! Yipeeeeee!

Sarah said...

Pink filling - the best way to reveal a secret! Your grands have the best names - love them all :)
Love your CQ heart - I hope you find another place to hang it!

Barbara said...

You already know I love your CQ heart. Somewhere along the way I missed whose oven Olivia Mae is currently baking. Congratulations to you.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on the new baby coming... maybe she'll come on my birthday! Hope you enjoyed your heart slow stitching...thanks for linking up!