Monday, February 17, 2014

design stone wall . . .

Since I'm not home this week (with the exception of overnight Tuesday -- less than twelve hours), my design wall is a bit challenged . . . I'm in limbo now, staying with Ellie for the first few days of the week . . . and I brought some handwork to keep me occupied while I'm here (early mornings and nap time). Still (still) plugging along on my Celtic Garden Hexie (on which there are very few changes from yesterday):
And working on my secret hexie mug rug project.  Since it's a secret, I'll just show you the back side . . . 
Hah!  Do you think it's coincidence that both these projects involve hexagrams??

Or that I'm seeing hexies everywhere, including on the floor of the Embassy Suites?
Todd took me out to dinner on Saturday -- Ruth's Crisp!  It was *SO* good!  And as a bonus, they had their floor tiled in my hexie-lovin' honor.  There is hexispiration *everywhere*!

Ellie says hello . . .
We had a girls' night -- we watched movies and played with each others hair!

Leia growls, Get out of my house, woman!
Sigh.

Linking up today with the Design Wall Monday post at Patchwork Times and HeLP for Hexi-aholics over at sarah did it! (which will be tomorrow, due to the President's Day holiday).  :)

Tomorrow's the last day for the book giveaway posted HERE!

I don't care what Leia says . . . I hope you have a *fabulous* Monday!

:)

12 noted . . .:

Kate said...

Enjoy your girl time with Ellie. Looks like lots of hexie progress.

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you two are having fun with each other. Enjoy the time.

racheld said...

A perfect evening. Ahh, those dimples, those EYES!

Hope you're well and warm, and the storms have all passed you by.

We broke the all-time SNOW record on Valentine's Day.

rachel

racheld said...

A perfect evening. Ahh, those dimples, those EYES!

Hope you're well and warm, and the storms have all passed you by.

We broke the all-time SNOW record on Valentine's Day.

rachel

Janet O. said...

So when will we be seeing that floor tile pattern surface in a quilt? It is a beauty!!
I think you are right on the money with what Leia is saying. Just think--you've learned to speak CAT!!

Jean(ie) said...

Loving it all! Have fun on your adventures. I was working on hexies yesterday too! EPP project love... Today I spent my 15 minutes playing with another project.

Marly said...

You spotted some beautiful tiling there. When are you going to reproduce it in patchwork? Enjoy your week.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Looks like you're having a wonderful time with Ellie! Can't wait to see your hexie mug rug ... I spent Sunday and Monday working on my hexie project, too.

Teresa in Music City said...

Such fun adventures!!! There are no greater adventures than grandbaby adventures of course! But I know from experience that it is hard to get much progress done on a project while away from home. There's so much else to be doing :) Curious to see what your mystery will turn out to be, and just love that floor tile - hmmmmm.....

Sarah said...

Leia needs to learn that when Grandma comes over and takes pictures she can hang out with all the other felines in cyberspace. :)

And a fab hexispiration it was!! Can't wait to see your secret mugrug project!!

Dar said...

What fun you two are having together. I think it's nice they re-tiled the floor for your visit. It was beautiful.

c. Joy said...

Wow! Ellie has grown! Don't keep up with blogs as much as I used to. Who knew husband home all the time would keep me so busy. Also, I wanted to let you know - I'm a grandma - thanks for inspiring me. ;)