Monday, July 02, 2012

de-sign . . .

What's on the design wall today . . . really, what I've got is a lot of fabric that needs to be washed.  In fact, I'm taking these two pinks (for the whole cloth I'm going to do):
And this tan flannel, for the back of Joc's wedding quilt (isn't it the perfect match?):
To Joc's house to wash in her big machine.  My goal is to get them both pin basted while I'm there.  I'll take advantage of her big space and hardwood floors!

And then sometime this week I need to get back to my guild's anniversary BOM.  The last one I did was March's block ... and I just sent out the newsletter with July's block.  Aye yi yi!  
March was the green on green, so I've got April's purple and light yellow, May's pink and blue, June's green and yellow, and July's red and blue.  Only June's block looks a little complicated ... I'll post pictures of 'em as I get them finished (in the coming weeks, mind you, not days).

JoAnn's big sale starts today and not only do I have a 50% off one regularly priced item coupon, I also have a 15% off my entire purchase coupon (including sale items)!  I intend to make good use of those!  I'll do that early and then get to Joc's.  We planned to have a little pool party today, but it's looking rather cloudy out there.  Pooh!  As opposed to, Pool!  Don't mind me -- I'm a little sun-touched from yesterday's big adventure.

Speaking of which ... it was 103 degrees at 5 pm yesterday when we arrived at the church, with a heat index of 107.  Have mercy it was hot!  But we had such a blast, taking Sawyer around to all the bouncy games . . . 








He hesitated a few times, but I think he eventually got in them all and had a marvelous time!

Then we found ourselves a nice spot on the hill to park, eat dinner, and be ready for fireworks later.  Sawyer, a music lover from day one, was focused on the bandstand . . .
And dancing!
He's such a darling little boy!
And he who knows no stranger, made friends right away.  By the end of the evening, I do believe she was his girlfriend.  At least, that's what his goodbye hug looked like!  Too cute!

The fireworks were -- as always -- phenomenal! 
Sawyer had never seen them before, and at the first burst of sound and color, he clung to his mommy pretty tightly, but he didn't take his eyes off the sky and I think his smile speaks volumes.
He really did enjoy them and kept whispering to us, They're so big, Mama!  They're so big, Neesey!  I wasn't sure if he was referring to the sound or the sight ... either way, he had it right!

I'm off to get this day started ... but *you* should head on over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times and check out all the fantastic creativity going up on design walls all over today!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Well you certainly have a busy day ahead! That tan flannel will be so cozy on the back of the quilt! I'll bet Sawyer slept like a rock after all of that excitement - precious pictures. Get that kid a guitar! :) I love how kids live life with such pure joy.I'm reading a wonderful book called "One Thousand Gifts" that talks about that. The kids were looking at a picture from when they were little and our daughter said, "Why are we so ridiculously happy?". So sweet. Seeing your pictures reminded me of that. It's a good reminder. Be blessed today.

Connie said...

What a fun day, I can imagine how hot it was in the hot air game! Have a great day and hope you get some goodies from JoAnns!

Jean(ie) said...

Have fun shopping!. Looks like you have a fun day ahead. I'm laughing about hitting the floor for pin basting. For me, it's not pretty!

As a kid I loved the fireworks, but not the noise. Still to this day!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just love your Guild BOM quilt! My grandsons love all those bouncy things, too. And the last photo is a great ending to looks like a wonderful day.

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful day. I'm sick of the heat but love my ac. Isn't it great to spend time with the grand kids? We are close to the arrival on #2.

Janet O. said...

Your guild BOM is so ambitious.
Looks like a fun (HOT) day tagging around with Sawyer. Love the face at the fireworks display!

Paula said...

105! And to think I thought it was terrible here at 90 something.
As usual Sawyer is just adorable. I love seeing his pictures and just how happy of a little guy he is. He makes my heart happy.
Have great day.
Hugs

Rachel's Quilts said...

Looks like you had a great day yesterday.
Good luck with all the basting today.

Dar said...

You have your work cut out for you. I really like your fan quilt. The pics of your little grandson are too cute. He looks like a little bundle of fun. Our fireworks displays have been cancelled because of the heat and very dry conditions here. Don't know if any of the communities will have them on the 4th. We'll see. A pool party sounds good right about now. It's already 99 and it's not even noon.

Mary said...

You started the 4th a bit early. FUN! I'm not fond of the fireworks part of the celebration. I like to watch them on TV. They are set to music there.
Hoping to see some Grands on the 4th at a Baseball game. Hot dogs, Baseball, apple pie and Chevrolet...

Quilter Kathy said...

Adorable photos! Kids don't seem to mind the heat like the adults do...what a cutie!

c. Joy said...

Precious. Isn't it the most wonderful thing to share a child's 'first?' His eyes looks so amazed by the fireworks. Sometimes I wish we could bottle those feelings and open them later on, when babies are grown. Quilting looks good too. ;)

Kate said...

Looks like Sawyer had a big day yesterday, he probably sleep really good last night. Good luck with all your ongoing projects. You've got a lot going on!