Saturday, July 14, 2012

stitching and summer fun . . .

Friday Night Sew-In.  Right.  Well . . . I didn't get a whole lot done on my quilting last night.
I solidified my thread color choices, I finished outlining the fan and one blade, and that's about it.  But this morning I'm heading off to our Stitcher's sew-in, and this is all I'm taking, so hopefully I'll get a bit more finished this morning!

I won't be staying the whole day . . . just until lunchtime, probably.  Tomorrow is our day to provide breakfast for our church fellowship and I've got to do some shopping and some baking!  I'm making sausage balls, mini pigs-in-a-blanket, fruit salad, monkey bread, and no-bake cookies.  Plus we're having a potluck lunch after service -- so I'll probably make my Strawberry Delight for that!  Whew!

Today's Foto Finish theme, sponsored by Cat Patches, is "Summer's Here".  I couldn't share just one photo ... I have *three*!

To me, summer means family trips and trips to visit family.  These first two are from our summer trip to visit my sister in 2005.  Of course we got some beach time in:
And then the cousins all played 'capture', which of course requires cammies and camouflage makeup:
I love the reversed role play between the two photos!  They are such clowns.  And I have *no* idea where they get it from!

And from just yesterday . . . 
Daddies and their sweet little babies!  Although I was a little shocked by how *grown* both Ellie and Sawyer look here!  And I love how Ellie's got her little hand on Sawyer's shoulder.  Kim said it looked like she was saying, "Hey! Be still for one second!"  LOL!

Have a great Saturday!!

:)

7 left a comment . . .:

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh. These two look like a laugh a minute. Great shots. Are you hand quilting?

Kris said...

Whew!! You are going to be busy today!! Are you going to hand quilt that darling fan design?? Oh, yeah, may I come to your church fellowship tomorrow?? Sounds so yummy!! xoxoxox

Janet O. said...

My goodness, woman, you have a little cooking to do! It reminds me of the "to do" lists I always think I will accomplish, but it usually spills over into the wee hours of the morning. Wish I could come help. It would be a fun day in the kitchen with a friend!
Cute family photos--that is what it is all about!

Melissa Labella said...

I was on my way out the door today to the stitch in and realized the 10yo son had a birthday party that I hadn't gotten a gift for and it was right in the middle of the day. So no stitching with friends for me today. I did accomplish making a label though. Now to stitch it on.

Junebug613 said...

What an adorable pair! Love the babies face!! Wow, what an undertaking with that fan! Pigs in blankets - YUM! I was just telling my guy we need to make some, just because we only seem to eat them at Christmas, when my Step-mom's family brings them.

Kate said...

Fun photos! Hope you got a lot done during the Sticher's Sew-In.

Sarah said...

Ellie just looks like a little doll - how adorable. I love the fan you are working on for your whole cloth. The roses make it very elegant.