Wednesday, July 04, 2012

happy independence day . . .

This is a happy holiday . . . celebrating the freedoms that we have in the United States of America. A Star-Spangled Banner holiday.  A patriotic holiday ... of red, white, and blue ... of Old Glory.  A holiday remembering heroes and patriots and countrymen and the brave.  It's a holiday of parades, picnics, family, and . . .

F*I*R*E*W*O*R*K*S!!    

This afternoon my family will gather up here at the camp ... we'll cook hamburgers on the grill and put out a spread and enjoy each others company. Then sometime around 7ish, we'll go up to the top field and play with sparklers and when it gets good and dark, we'll do some fun fireworks.  I know that so many of my blogging friends--because of the hot and dry weather conditions throughout the nation--won't see a live fireworks show.  We had such a marvelous time on Sunday night enjoying our big show, I wanted to share my favorite part of it ... the finale ... with y'all.  I don't *think* you can hear (I hope you can't hear) that I sung along through the whole song.  It was that loud!!  You can hear the whoops and cheering at the end, though!  It definitely brought and the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof to the night, that our flag was still there, to mind! 

Happy Independence Day!  Enjoy!  :)

7 left a comment . . .:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wishing you and your family a very Happy 4th!

Barbara F. said...

Have a blast, Denise!!! Enjoy the day with your family. Loved the video, thanks for sharing. xo

Lee D said...

Thanks for the virtual celebration. Loved the fireworks and the song!! :) enjoy your family time sounds wonderful! Happy 4th

Janet O. said...

Sounds like my kind of evening. : )
We can't light our own fireworks, but the "official" displays are still going on as planned. There was one last night and another one tonight. With wildfires already raging in our state and those surrounding us, I am praying that people will be smart--but most of these fires seem to have started because people weren't being smart. THINK, people!!

Teresa in Music City said...

Happy Fourth Denise! We will probably not go to downtown Nashville to see the fireworks tonight since we are packing for a quick trip to see family. Hope you all have a wonderful time and enjoy the show!!!

Kate said...

Happy 4th! Sounds like you had a great day.

Sarah said...

Even tho it's illegal to buy/shoot off fireworks here in NY, lots of ppl still do. On the 4th we could see and hear them from my parents house. My neighbors had a big party this weekend so I got to watch them from my front porch. The felines weren't happy either day :( but I had fun