Wednesday, July 18, 2012

playing catch-up . . . again . . .

What happened to the past few days?  Last thing I knew, it was Saturday morning and I was headed out for Stitcher's sew-in, and here it is now Wednesday morning!  LOL!

We did have fun at our sew-in.  There were lots of gorgeous and fun quilt projects going on.  Kari, our fearless and wonderful leader, finished this baby quilt . . .
Isn't it lovely?  Kari's such an accomplished quilter!

Sarah was working on this darling Halloween applique project:

And Lynn was working on this beautiful piece:
Lots of great works in progress!  I managed to get a little stitching in, but not nearly as much as I would have liked.  And I had to leave early, too, in order to get to the grocery store and get busy cooking for Sunday's breakfast!

I missed my stash report #29, so I'll go ahead and post it here, too.  Since my Fairy Frost fabrics came in, I definitely need to report!  That's my in.  My out is a donated fat quarter and the Christmas napkins I worked on, too.

Used/donated this week: .75 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 24.5 yards
Purchased/added this week: 5 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 81 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -56.55 yards

I'll go back and link up with Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times for the weekly stash reporting!


My decluttering campaign is going *really* well!!  I've completely decluttered the kitching/living room space, including all the cabinets, pantry, drawers, curio shelves and seating storage.  I've also tackled our three filing drawers -- I didn't have a lot of stuff to "yard sale" from those drawers, but I did manage to come away with better than thirty pounds of paperwork that we'll shred.  Whew!  Anything to help lighten the load (and since we have a weight limit when we get around to pulling this RV, I mean that very literally).  


Last night I finished going through my CD/DVD collection and this morning I decluttered our bathroom -- the medicine cabinet, under the sink, the linen closet and the second medicine cabinet (yes, two medicine cabinets in one bathroom!).  What should I do with expired prescription meds??!


I met with another woman from church and we set a plan out for our Women's Ministry for the rest of the year.  While I want all our events to be fun, I also want them to have meaning and purpose.  We'll be doing a lot of outreach/ministry work in our events.  Friday night we have a beach blast night ... we'll do salads and potatoes, a beach-themed devotional, and we'll but together goody bags for a block party we're doing next month.  Should be a fun night!


I got to spend a little time with Joc and Ellie yesterday.  In fact, I had the pleasure of watching Ellie with her first banana (and as an afterthought, her first prune, too)!  Oh what fun!
"Hmmmm, what's this?!"
"Interesting texture and flavor--once I was able to get it in my mouth!"
 "Feels good between my fingers ... nice finger painting consistency!"
We have a winner!!


I've got work to do, better get a rolling here!


:)

6 left a comment . . .:

Barbara F. said...

Hi Denise, I know how it is with days flying by. I don't know where it goes. Ellie is so cute and obviously enjoying that banana. xo

Jean(ie) said...

Yum...mashed nanners!

Yup, gotta watch that weight limit... it'll be easier on the gas, too!

Lee said...

Gotta love when the little ones 'fingerpaint' with their bananas, or any other food. Ellie's smile tells it all :)

Sarah said...

Around here we have twice a year drop offs for old meds. Don't flush them as they can contaminate the water system when everyone does the same. Maybe you can contact the local hospital or health department to find a drop site?

Janet O. said...

The last photo--Priceless!

Kate said...

What a happy girl! Love that last photo.

I agree with Sarah, don't flush them. You might also check with a local pharmacy to see if they know of a drop site.