Friday, July 13, 2012

fe-lion and fnsi . . .

Leia was pretty laid back when I visited Joc and Ellie this week.  
It was a grey and rainy day, and she was content to just kick back at the window.  She didn't even come help me with the quilty project I'd laid out on the table.  Lazy girl.

I tried to get a close-up of her.  Leia, look at me!
No.

Please look at me!
I said no!

Leia, Leia, Leai . . .
FINE!

Yikes!  Uhhhh, nevermind.  Not your finest smile there, girlfriend!

Grey and rainy days are nice days for rolling over and taking a nap.  Ya' know?
Going . . . 
Going . . . 
Gone!
Isn't that sweet?!  But don't be deceived.  Joc has a saying for this stretch.  It looks like an invitation (to pet that soft, furry belly), but it's really a TRAP! Because the minute your hand gets close, you're bound to feel the Leia fury! Still, I give into it pretty much every time ... it does look incredibly inviting!

And of course, I'm linking up with Sarah, over at Sarah Did It! for Feline Friday!!  

Ah, and speaking of Friday, tonight is also a Friday Night Sew-In!  
It's not too late to join in on the fun.  Just hightail it over to Handmade by Heidi and sign up.
I'll be working on my wholecloth project.  I'd love to finish this first quarter of the center.  I'm really excited to get this project underway, and I can't think of a more-fun thing to do on the evening of a Friday the 13th ... up in a secluded campground ... surrounded by acres and acres of woods and creatures.  Oh yeah!  Bahaha!  (Or should that read, Mmwaaahahaha?!?)

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Janet O. said...

Those photos where Leia would not look at you are gorgeous. And what a funny napping position! : )

Cathy said...

Those pictures of the cat are hilarious. To bad she hasn't got the cuddly nature to go with her cuddly looks. I love what you have drawn there. Is this part of your 25 years guild quilt?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

She really is pretty - and so feline! Enjoy your 13th stitching.

Jean(ie) said...

Have fun stitching! I'm hoping to get to my applique project after hitting the farmer's market this afternoon.

It's a shame Leia isn't the belly rub type. she might like it! Sooner or later she's going to have to get used to people (kids) touching her.

Rachel B. said...

Love the cat pictures. I've met several cats who use the belly up pose as a trap - a furry belly is hard to resist.
Good luck with your stitching tonight. I had totally forgotten that it was FNSI.

Love Bears All Things said...

Oh, I know all about that pose. Smokey tries that with me all the time and then gets made when I pull my hand away from his paws and teeth...
This is an interesting project...for machine or hand?
Mama Bear

Quilt Hollow said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Missy Shay said...

What a beautiful cat!

Kate said...

Hope you got lots done. Leia is such a pretty cat, even when she has a bit of an attitude.

Sarah said...

Such a shame that you can't give that fluffy belly some loving. Harumph. She certainly did give you whatfor on the request for photos, huh! LOL.