Friday, January 31, 2014

busy, busy, naptime . . .

I picked Sawyer up last night for a sleepover. It was supposed to be a Sawyer *and* Ellie sleepover ... and Todd was supposed to be out of town (his conference got cancelled because of the weather) ... but things happen and so Sawyer and I rolled with it!  Kim said he woke up yesterday morning asking if I was there yet, and then asked if it was time a thousand times throughout the day!!  What's so funny is that we hadn't gone 500 feet in the car and he told me how much he missed his mommy and daddy, and he need to go home because they were missing him too much.  Silly boy!  Gotta love him!  :)

Anyway, I picked him up yesterday afternoon and first things first, had him try on his scarf.  He was so excited!!  I'm pretty impressed he wore it with no issues!!
We went to have dinner, the two of us, at a relatively new restaurant called "Supper Heroes".  Sawyer went in his Buzz Lightyear costume!  Sawyer thought the place was great and loved all the cartoon super heroes on the walls and tables. But what really made an impact on him was our next stop for dessert . . .
KaleidoScoops! Sawyer picked out an ice cream that was as yellow as his scarf, and fittingly called "Playdough".  I went for the classic Rocky Road, myself. 
The boy power ate his way through that cone -- he mastered it like a boss! Very few drips and not a sprinkle to be found on the table!

Would you believe that after a quesadilla, french fries and ice cream cone, he still managed to eat an entire bowl of popcorn all by himself?
And thoroughly enjoyed his first viewing of Snow White.  He was very captivated by Dopey (and Dopey's ears).

Today our plans involved taking advantage of the warming trend and sunny day and head outside.  First we headed up to the field to see if the cows were out. Nope.  Then we scouted for deer.  Not the first one.  So then we headed to the pond, with bread in hand, hoping to feed the fish . . .
Ummmm . . . on frozen pond!  
Both ponds were solid ice ... so we settled for throwing rocks and laughing because they stayed on the top!
Sawyer wanted to check out the ice a little more closely, so we headed down to the shallow end of the pond.
It was pretty solid!  I was tentative about putting my weight on it, but we were both able to stand there! Sawyer was a bit braver than I was and wanted to go "ice skating" in the middle, and tried his very best to drag me out there . . . 
But I know better than that and we stayed right there at the shoreline!
Down at the lower pond, where it overflows into the stream, we found some running water to jump in -- an activity always good for the little boy's soul.  :)

So we'd seen no cows, no deer and no fish . . . and Sawyer could ice skate in the middle of the pond.  On a hunch, we rode the golf out of the camp to our neighbors' property.  They also keep cows and sometimes they're close to the road.  We were in luck!  Not only were the close, they were REALLY close!
Susan even had an apple so Sawyer could feed Scarlet . . .
Scarlet was very happy to have an apple!  You forget how big cows are until you're standing up there next to them. Big ol' bulky things!!
There were a couple of relatively young calves out there too, but they're shy and wouldn't come say hi to us!
I think I wore him out sufficiently.  We came home, had a bite to eat, and he *asked* to take a nap!  LOL! I can't say as I blame him -- I was tempted to crawl under the covers with him!

When he gets up, we'll head back to his mommy and daddy's house ... tonight's the night of the big gender reveal party!!!  Ties or tutus?!  I wish I had a clue -- anyone want to take a guess??!!  Sawyer's definitely hoping for a brother!

And since it *is* Feline Friday, Leia wanted to pop her fluffy self in the post today and share how much she enjoyed the finished My Orange Crush . . . 
Actually, she didn't enjoy it and we had to PUT her on it and hold her there. Which probably explains her expression. Stinker. If only I'd been working on it or something. Linking up to sarah did it!

TGIF -- enjoy the weekend!!

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Melissa Bishop said...

Looks like you two had a great time. Quite the adventure for your, 'little guy'.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What share day you both had. Love the yellow scarf and by the looks, so did he.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Terrific day! Meow to not to happy kitty....giggle.

Mary said...

Nice day with Sawyer. I need more of those. It cuts into my Quilt Time but feeds my "grandma" soul. Naps are the best! Have a great "REVEAL night. Ties or Tutus? Fun!

Gmama Jane said...

That Sawyer is at one of my favorite ages. I loved Scott at that age. I'm missing you girlfriend!! Please come to Sasst Sewers next week. BTW, Is there any possible way to make "where you click to comment" any bigger? It is so tiny, I have a hard time finding it every time I visit. I know it's my old eyes but I had one other friend mention it was hard to comment on your blog and how much we Love visiting your blog. You always makes such great posts with lots of pictures which I love.

Janet O. said...

What an overnighter you have had! Such fun you two had!
Oh, Leia hasn't changed much, has she. Such an expression! She does "disdain" very well. : )

Sarah said...

I think I need a nap reading about your adventures! Looks like a grand day was had by all but Leia. LOL. have fun at your reveal party tonight! I think you need another grandson so that they are 2 and 2!

Marsha Hodgkins said...

What a fun-filled day b you had! There's nothing likea day with the grand children to make us glad to be alive.

Jean(ie) said...

I've been craving popcorn! Sounds like you two had a special day. Love it!

Kate said...

Sawyer is getting so big. Looks like you both had great day together.