Sunday, December 11, 2011

all over the place . . .

As in, that's where this post is going to be. All over the place.

It starts with my results from the Occupy Your Sewing Room event (sponsored by Cat Patches), from this past week. I had a couple finishes and one almost finish. First were these darling poinsettia flowers. They were so much fun to make and relatively fast and simple.

And my near finish was my Holly Jolly topper.

My other finish I forgot to capture a photo of while it was still in my possession ... though I did manage to capture a 'sort of' shot of it later on. You'll see. But do be sure to head over to check out what others did this last week, in occupying their sewing rooms -- there are already quite a few blogs linked up!

Next I'll move on to one of my favorite subjects (after my husband): Sawyer managed to make it by this weekend for a couple of quick visits! James brought him over Friday evening to say hello . . .

And he also came with his mommy, Saturday afternoon, when she came to pick me up for our girl's night out! Sawyer didn't come with us girls, but James had come up earlier to take a Christmas card photo of Todd and I for the Camp MACOBA newsletter, and so Kim & James traded out. Me for Sawyer. Heh.

This is the winning shot taken down at the pond. As of now it's the unedited shot. James will go home and do his magic and it'll look GREAT! It was a beautiful day, but it sure was COLD!

The girls were all meeting at The Melting Pot, at Bridge Street in Huntsville. We were have a "Celebrate Ellie" night over chocolate fondue! We had so much fun! It was a small, more intimate gathering of girls. Joc is going to do a big "Sip & See" event a couple of months after Ellie is born.

Kim and I shared a pot of S'mores Chocolate. Oh. my. gosh. It was so good! They brought us a plate of bite-sized portions of pound cake, bananas, strawberries, graham crackers, cheese cake, brownies and marshmallows to dip into the chocolate.

From chocolate to PRESENTS!!

Kim had made several of the most darling hair bow bands for Ellie! She really has a talent for baby bows and headbands! But she got Ellie some darling little outfits. I mean, really. Baby girls are so much fun to shop for!


Okay, see the pink blob in the middle of the picture? That's the other finish from my sewing room jaunt -- a minky changing pad cover. I didn't have a pattern, so I just kind of winged it. It turned out pretty well, I think!

This beautiful print is a gift from Jason's sister, Jenna.

She's an incredibly talented artist! I wish I could show you Jocelyn's baby bedding -- this picture is *perfect* with it!! Oh wait ... maybe I can ...

Isn't this darling?? And speaking of baby bedding, there's quite a story here. Jocelyn designed this herself on Carousel Designs' website. Well, shortly after she designed her look and realized it was a bit pricey, they had a contest... you guessed it ... for free bedding! Well all of us entered -- Jocelyn, me, Kim, James, Jason and even Todd. And wouldn't you know it? Kim WON! And she very graciously picked Joc's design. Such a sweet thing! Anyway, the bedding arrived and Kim delivered it to a very surprised Jocelyn last night!

Here's the group shot . . .

It was a lot of fun -- especially is you like fondue, chocolate, and ooohing and aaaahing over darling little baby girl things!! I do.

Joc, Kim and I went from there to see The Nutcracker. I have a photo, but it's not very good -- it's very blurry. Joc had one taken on her camera. I'll share it as soon as I get it!

Today will be a quiet day ... just me, myself and I. Hmmmm....I wonder what kind of trouble I can get into . . . !

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

Barbara F. said...

Denise, this was such a lovely post. First, your sewing ability always knocks me off my seat. Second, I think Joc looks so much like you, and so does Sawyer. You and your husband make a very good looking couple. Congratulations to all of you. Looking forward to the big day and the "sip & see". xo

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a fun time - look at that glowing smile - on both of you! Love the story of the baby room design - how sweet!

Barbara said...

Wonderful!

Connie said...

Looks like you girls had a wonderful time! What a great photo of you too!

Mary said...

Love your Photo. How can it be improved? Glad you had a great evening. How fun to oh and awe over girly things- They are so fun to see.
Lucky KIM-> Cute Design!

Rachel's Quilts said...

Looks like you had a great time.
My daughter and I use to see the Nutcracker every year but where we are now the closest production is 2 hours away.
Your Holly Jolly topper is looking good.

Pat said...

What a FUN time you had. That bedding is GORGEOUS and the painting goes so nicely with it. Joc looks like she is absolutely glowing!!!

Pat said...

OH...and just how did you make those poinsettias?

Quilt Hollow said...

Oh man....does that evening out sound devine!!

Lisa said...

Love your poinsettias! Looks like a fun baby shower. What an awesome restaurant!

AnnieO said...

Gorgeous poinsettias--love them! And such a nice photo of you and your honey, how nice to have your son for editing, though it doesn't look like it needs anything! Fun fun baby shower, what a hoot. I haven't had fondue for a million years. Lucky baby girl indeed!

Foolish Feathers said...

I love the flower pins, very nicely done! Would look great as hair bands as well I think!

Sarah said...

Girl's nights are good for the soul - especially when little girl things are involved :)
BTW - love the Christmas photo

ShirleyC said...

What fun! and how lucky for her to get that beautiful baby bedding!

Bev C said...

Your flowers are beautiful and congrats on winning that wonderful bedding.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo