Friday, December 30, 2011

totally tea-lightful . . .

I do believe my family knows me to a "tea"! I was thoroughly spoiled in the tea department over Christmas; I really did score big! Todd, among (lots of) other things, got me two tins of Harney & Sons teas that I'd wanted ... the Chocolate Mint and the Holiday teas. Yes!

I fell in love with Harney & Sons teas after trying their Royal Wedding tea, which is marvelous.

My sister, Julia, included a box of mulling spices for tea in her gifts.

I can't wait to brew a pot of black tea and give this a try -- I bet it smells heavenly!

My sister, Cynthia, gifted me with these *darling* tea spoons (which I've shared before, but they're so cute they're worth a second mention) . . .

Aren't they pretty and feminine?

And I love the messages inscribed on them: Hi Tea, <3, and Good Morning Sister. So sweet -- I love stirring my tea (and coffee) with them!

And my sister, Laura, gifted me with this pretty little box from Williams & Sonoma:

And what do you think was in it but the sweetest little Christmas petite fours!

Chocolate, vanilla and jam filled little cakes -- yum -- I need to get the girls over here pronto for a tea party!!

My Sawyer-boo knows his Neesey, too. He gave me this darling wreath of teas!

His mommy made it. Isn't it nifty? And full of some of my favorite Twining's teas -- I'd had a hankering for a good cup of English Breakfast tea, too!

Kim and James also got me the Hot Cinnamon Spice tea I wanted from Harney & Sons.

Mary, from Quilt Hollow, turned me on to this particular blend and got me hooked!

Kim and James also got me a new book . . .

I've had this on my wish list forever. I already love Emilie Barnes' books, but to have one illustrated by Sandy Clough is a real bonus! I've followed her Sandy's Tea Society site for quite some time ... I even did Secret Sippers back in the day when they did that! Such fun and very sweet.

In addition to all that, my Secret Santa (who I found out just last night was Kris, from Lavender Quilts) gifted me with some lovely tea and tea cookies (which I blogged about here) and then I gifted *myself* with a renewal of my Tea Time Magazine subscription.

I just read today on facebook that they are making their magazine available for the Nook reader. *sigh* But not the Kindle ... not yet. Oh well. This tea enthusiast has been collecting Tea Time Magazine since its premier issue in the Fall of 2003 ... and I've kept every issue since! They're small and don't take up *too* much room in the RV.

Okay, so there you have it ... my tea immersion therapy! It should be enough to last me through to Mother's Day, at least! *giggle*

:)

11 left a comment . . .:

Kate said...

You did make out like a bandit on the tea front. I've had some of the Harney and Sons Rasperry and Christmas blend, it's really good.

Barbara F. said...

You can definitely settle in this winter with lots of tea parties, you have most of the goodies there. I love chocolate mint tea. It is like dessert. xo

Bernideen said...

Looks like it was a Tea Time Christmas for sure!

Sarah said...

That hot cinnamin spice sounds yummy. Where is that brand available? Sawyer was very thoughtful with his gift!! Such a talented little man. Can't wait for my magazine to arrive...

Oh yeh the choco mint tea - does it have a list of ingredients? I hae a choco mint plant and I am wondering if I should just dry it/plain or add anything to it? Thanks!

Lee said...

You certainly scored big on the tea front :) Love the tea wreath, what a great idea. I have a lot of tea around here but never remember to drink it! When it's hot in the summer...forget any hot drink (except my cup of coffee in the morning). I'm such a huge plain water drinker, and just always forget about the tea. Maybe I'll go make a cup while I'm remembering ;)

Editfolt said...

these wonderful gifts. I'm very envious. :) They certainly are very fragrant teas. The boxes are beautiful.

Winona said...

Wow! You really must love tea! And to think I just use the Lipton green tea with honey. Maybe I am missing something here. LOL

Pat said...

Such great gifts and the tea wreath is wonderful. I'm not familiar at all with that Harney and Sons brand....wonder if it's sold around here? I know you will enjoy many happy hours with those gifts!

Gmama Jane said...

What thoughtful gifts!! I'm a huge "all things tea" fan and I too get that magazine. I love pretty tea cups and dishes to match...Oh I don't need one more but I simply can't help myself when I see one in a store...better yet, an antique store!!! I'm not familiar with the Harney brand of tea...how did I miss that? Will have to try it! You and I will have to have a tea party soon. I'll have you down to the farmhouse and we can use some of my pretty tea sets!
Warm blessings for 2012
Jane

Antiques And Teacups said...

Sounds like Christmas perfected! I loved the Twinings Christmas tea and got a several other kinds as well. Aren't we blessed!
Ruth

Melissa said...

How sweet of them to give you tea related gifts. What a treat. HPS!