Monday, December 26, 2011

last one of the year . . .

So today is the last Design Wall Monday of 2011.  I cannot believe how quickly this year has passed.  Wow!  This week I just have some odds and ends on the wall ... wrap-ups, if you will.  First, I've still got a little fleece project I'm working on.  I'm using my Fancy Fleece ruler on it.  See my fun triangles?!?
That ruler is the bomb-dot-com!  There are so many fun things it makes easier!  I'll use a couple of them on the above project. 

I've also got to finish cutting out the sashing and the backing for My Orange Crush quilt.  I keep saying that, don't I?
Okay, so my goal is to have all the blocks ready for quilting before the year's end.  There.  I said it.

Joc delivered a last signature block for her wedding quilt.  Her cousin and his wife had been here for the wedding, but for some reason had missed signing a guest block.  We sent one to them to sign and Joc got it back over the summer, and just got it to me.  This is why I haven't finished that quilt.
Yeah.  Anyway, if you read my UFO for 2012 post, you know that this quilt is on the radar for a wrap-up, in the very near future!

I hope everyone had a happy and merry Christmas!!  Todd and I enjoyed a lovely, quiet day together, after spending a marvelous Christmas Eve with Kim, James, Jason, Joc and Sawyer.  What a  sweet family I have; I love spending time with them!  I can tell you I was thoroughly spoiled by my family, my husband and Santa!  I'll post more on that later in the week . . . for now I wanted to share my two favorite light displays of the season.  These two yards were side-by-side:
 
Haha!!  Gotta love it.  And you've also gotta love all the industrial quilters out there who've got stuff up on their design walls this Monday morning.  Head on over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to check it out.

Today I'm going to curl up in my *new* Snuggie and have a quiet day.  Peace be with you!!

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

Vivian said...

Sounds like a good book is on the agenda for you. Have a great day.

Jean said...

Today is the perfect day to cocoon. Wouldn't you rather come over and play with boxes and packing? LOL!

Barbara F. said...

Hope your Christmas was wonderful! I am having a quiet day today, too. I am still tired. And still in my jammies! xo

Kate said...

Good luck with your UFO plans for 2012. I have a few of those too!

marcella said...

Ah for a quiet day. Maybe tomorrow for me. Hope you have an enjoyable one today in your new snuggy! Best of luck with the UFO's. It's always fun to pull out old projects and be re-inspired.

Captain Richi said...

These colors look good. And the lights are amazing!
Rick's blog it is fixed to the compiler. Please look at your work with you to America?

Editfolt said...

These colors look good. And the lights are amazing!
Rick's blog it is fixed to the compiler. Please look at your work with you to America?

Pat said...

Had to laugh...our neighbor keeps saying he is going to put a DITTO sign on his house since our light display is pretty spectacular! Did I ever send you a link to the YouTube video of it? If not, let me know and I'll do that.

Brita said...

Your Orange Crush sounds like my Wee Village -- I like it, but keep procrastinating. Maybe if I got off the computer...?

Lee said...

I'm with Jean: A great day to 'cocoon' (as I'm still in robe & slippers at mid-afternoon). Marty went to take a hike & Nick was picked up by a friend - peace and quiet.

Love the "ditto" ;)
Hugs

Bonnie said...

Hey, planning ahead already. Good for you. I'll be planning what UFO's I want to finish in 2012. I also want to make some new things ... what a concept -- maybe start it and finish in one year. Sounds like you had a great holiday.

LuAnn said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with family. Hope you have a happy healthy New Year with lots of sewing!

sao said...

I love your fleece cutter - that is awesome! I think I need one of those!

sao in Midlothian, VA

Sarah said...

Sounds like u had a great day - can't wait to see what the fleece project is...

Gari said...

What is the Fancy Fleece ruler. I haven't heard of it.

I had to do my WW meetings today but this afternoon I spent in the studio making lists of things that are left to get done, things that need to be cleaned (every room) and things that need quilting. Then I started a list of things I would like to start sometime this year. Whew!!